Harry Potter Now that the Potter series is over, whatcha gonna do next?

kyoosuke posted on Jul 21, 2007 at 07:55PM
My guess, people will be waiting for the last 2 movies to come out (But I don't think they will be as good as the books, actually, none of the Potter movies so far has been as good as the books), and then after that's over, whatcha gonna do?

:P
last edited on Jul 21, 2007 at 08:00PM

Harry Potter 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago tinydancer said…
Re-read the books I suppose... they will always entertaining to me! After this book sinks in, I will probably read some fan fiction to see what people come up with after this book....I am looking forward to seeing how they deal with this book in the movie though, I hope it's gonna be an epic!
over a year ago kyoosuke said…
I know the movies have not been, and will never be, as good as the books, but I think I'll buy the whole set of DVD's when they finally finish shooting all seven movies. I'm sure there will be some kind of 'collectors edition box set'.
I think Harry Potter is the biggest thing that's happened in this decade!

tinydancer should go and start a new thread and discuss the story with other people, and I shall join you as soon as I can possibly slowly finish the very last book.
over a year ago tinydancer said…
There is a thread already with reaction to the new book which i have a posted a bit of an essay in, waiting to see what other people think now! Enjoy reading the rest of the book!
over a year ago duckgoddess said…
I think I'll just re-read the books at least once a year and I'll (hopefully) be looking forward to the films!
over a year ago Shandiii said…
I really want to see how they pull off the last movie, they can't leave out too much because they have to tie up all of the loose ends... hmm.
over a year ago tubby2002 said…
I am going to wait for the movies, I really want to see how they make the last into a movie. Other than that, I will find some new books to read...
Now I'm wondering how they'll approach the movies because the plot in DH relies A LOT on seemingly insignificant details in HBP such as Ravenclaw's diadem so they'll have to show Harry hiding the Potions book or do something else entirely. Also, they left out the mirror in OotP so I think they'll just cut out the mirror in DH. Oh, and in the HBP film, they might have to explain Ollivander's disappearance, I dunno.

Hopefully, this means that the RemusTonks romance is a must in the HBP film! Now I'm sad because their life together was short-lived...
over a year ago tubby2002 said…
Something that I am wondering about for the seventh movie is that they cut out all that SPEW stuff and it was ron mentioning saving the houselves that set Hermione off and she ran over and kissed, just interested to see how that changes...I know it is such a minor detail such a big thing...
Ok, I haven't read the book for 2 days, because I only have 20 pages left to read, and I'm worried that, after I finish the book, I'll feel empty :(
I think they'll do something else to set up Ron and Hermione's big kiss like books in the library or something...
over a year ago piperpayton22 said…
there are fan fics but i like lily and james and know they all have snape GREAT :( so whatever and you are right cuz the books are way better
I have read 2 different versions of fan fic, and they were really good! Today will be the day when I finish the final book about Potter's zanny advertures.