Harry Potter OotP Trailer *Possible Spoilers*

cressida posted on Jul 06, 2007 at 09:24AM
AGH! Korean TV is showing an elaborate discussion of the Order of the Phoenix, accompanied with many of the scenes of the movie (woowoo!), but they just showed Luna and her fully-fledged Patronous. This INFURIATES me because the book explicitly says that she can't tell what her animal is and yet the movie shows clearly that is a rabbit. Why must they change things like this when they make the movie (almost makes me as angry as Hermione casually dropps the V-word in movie 1 or 2!)?

On the other hand, Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) looks fantastic. Tonks...well...I'm on the fence about link.

T-5 days until the movie!
last edited on Jul 06, 2007 at 09:25AM

Harry Potter 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago PotterGal said…
Yeah, it is pretty annoying the way they change some things in the movie..sorry to those of you who like it, but i hated that whole dragon scene in GOF.
Anyway, the people i am most looking forward to seeing is Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix (she looks so evil!) and Imelda Staunton as Umbridge. They were both perfectly cast to me! :)
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
The thing is they did not emphasise the whole rita skeeta thing so know they cant have people acctually beleiving harry!
over a year ago duckgoddess said…
Yeah, Luna's Patronus is a hare and (apparently) Ginny's will be a Phoenix. They just want an excuse to wow everyone with their amazing visual effects...it's annoying. From the trailer, I think the Ministry scene with Voldemort is WAY over-done and over-emphasised as well as Luna's character (and obviously Hermione's - it wouldn't be a HP movie without Super!Hermione). But I think they made the right casting decision by casting Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix - she looks great! God, I just hope that Harry's and Cho's relationship deteriorates the way it should because non-book fans might be really confused if they suddenly break up in this film and Harry goes out with Ginny in the next
over a year ago megloveskyle said…
Helena Bonham Carter is going to be awesome! She really knows how to get into character. I wish they would go word for word by the book but every HP movie they release is never like that. No suprise there.
last edited over a year ago