Harry Potter The Locket

anti_Jate posted on Jun 03, 2007 at 05:01AM
So I was re-reading the fith book awhile back and I noticed that when Harry and the gang are cleaning out closets and such (around the time the music box made the song the made everyone sleepy) that they came across "a heavy locket that no one could open". The book just mentions is casually but I think it may be one of the Horcruxes. (is that the plural? I'm not really sure) considering that speculations have been made that RAB is sirius' brother, I think this might be somthing. any ideas?
(sorry about my horrid spelling)

Harry Potter 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cressida said…
You know, I noticed that too! It sure would be fascinating if it came true to think that Rowling planted that in advance. It would certainly inspire fans to reread the entire series (on the off-chance they hadn't already).
over a year ago Jonapello23 said…
It is not a horcrux!
over a year ago anti_Jate said…
what makes you think its not?
over a year ago CSI9em said…
ya anti-jate i am rereading the 5th book and i noticed this before the locket they couldn't get open is what i think is the horcrux cause it is Slytherin's and the Black family is pure blood and are decendents. So i think it is a horcrux and when Harry goes back to collect siruis' things he will find it and dresroy it leaving only 3 more and Voldemort.
over a year ago CSI9em said…
ps. ya i did hear that R.A.B stood for Regulas A. Black. Maybe he took it home to destroy but Voldy. got to him before he could destroy it... that would make sense.
over a year ago Pottyabouthary said…
It would make a lot of sense especially if RAB is Regulus, maybe he found it and took it home. And now that Grimmauld Place belongs to Harry that means that hes had the horcrux all along.
over a year ago boobud said…
i think that the locket is a horcrux ... relying on the theory that RAB is regulas ... but i think that kreacher might have the locket or mundungus stole it..
over a year ago fadedsg02 said…
too true....that is the rel horcrux and mundungus did steal it...harry goes to azkaban to retrieve it...ive read the new one and boy are you guys in for some surprises
over a year ago caintil31 said…
that locket is the horcrux. J.K. Rowling told David Yates not to take out Kreacher or else it would be to hard to do the 7th movie. I bet that Sirius's brother gave the locket to kreacher.
over a year ago fadedsg02 said…
nope.....they had found the locket in the fifth book, mundungus stole it and harry goes to azkaban to get it back