Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Trivia Game: Fanpop Edition

dragonsmemory posted on May 24, 2012 at 07:15PM
Welcome everyone! Welcome to a fun little trivia game. In reality, this is a board game, but I've modified the rules. I will be playing the position of MC for the game. I'll ask questions and keep track of everything. You just have to follow my lead.
To start things off, you need to pick your playing pieces. There are six pieces. I'll refer to you by the color of your piece. Your first post for the game is the piece you want. I'll then edit this to show who has what.
Gold:
Black: HARMONYforever
White:
Bronze:
Silver:
Gray:

QUICK RULES
1. I'll ask each player to pick a number between 1 and 4. The number corresponds to your House and they change with each asking. Make sure to put the initial of your House on your posts.
2. The player with the birthday closest to Harry's goes first. Play will then proceed down the list as posted.
3. I'll roll the die and post how far you move and what happens to you during that move.
4. On your first roll, I'll ask if you want to go towards the trophy room, the Forbidden Forest, the dungeon, or the hospital wing. After that, play proceeds normally.
5. I will notify you if you gain any Spell Cards. If you land on a category, I will tell you the category, then ask the question. If you get it without the multiple choice, you'll get two Charm Cards. If you get it right with the multiple choice, you get one Charm Card. All wrong answers earn one Curse Card. In all cases, you will be notified.
6. When you play a Spell or Curse Card, follow all the directions. I will keep up the commentary as much as possible.
7. After you've answered the question and played the card, your turn is over and I will start with the next player.
8. The game ends when one player has six different Charm Cards, makes it to their House common room, and answers one final question correctly.
Note: It would be best if you write down on a separate paper all the Charms and Hermione Cards you have. (Hermione Cards will be explained when the first one comes up.)

Once everyone joins, I'll get the game started. By the way, no copies of the books are allowed, nor are you permitted to Google any of the answers.
And make sure to say when your birthday is. That way we know eho goes first.
last edited on May 26, 2012 at 11:16AM

Harry Potter 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Nemisis said…
ill play (1-6 is my b -day)
over a year ago dragonsmemory said…
What color would you like? Your Sorting will have to wait until we have at least one other player. And thank you for joining
over a year ago HARMONYforever said…
I will play this,it really sounds very interesting!
My birthday is on 11th August and I choose the color Black to play with.When will the Sorting take place?
Right as soon as I put you in the game. I'm not sure if the other possible player will really join or not, but the game itself won't start until I have at least two official players.
over a year ago HARMONYforever said…
Well,I am official,make me official:)
Number between 1 and 4? This will determine your House