Grey's Anatomy Another death headed to Grey's??

oooohtone posted on Apr 23, 2007 at 04:25PM
I read this in an article on E! Online, and thought I'd have to post and ask opinions. This was posted after Meredith's mother already died, so I'm confused as to who it could be.

"Just when you thought Meredith's bright, shiny, post-death-experience life was back on track, she will get close to someone only to lose her. And yes, I did say her! It's not a series regular but someone important in her life."

Also in this article, someone asked:
Do you know if Sara Ramirez (Callie) is returning to Grey's next season? I heard a rumor she wasn't, and she has to! I'm in love with her!

Me, too. I can tell you that there is no official news of Ramirez's status for next season; however, I did just run into her as she was being rushed down the carpet into the ceremony at this weekend's 18th Annual GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Media Awards in Hollywood. I asked if she'd be interested in joining the spinoff if she were invited, and her response of, "Oh. Gosh. I don't know..." was so hesitant that it did not put my mind at ease. Here's hoping she stays!

Just thought I'd add that in too, since it's Grey's related. :] Here is the actual link:
link
last edited on Apr 23, 2007 at 04:28PM

Grey's Anatomy 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago oooohtone said…
Now that I thought about it, when she says "she will get close to someone only to lose her." it makes it seem like it is definately Thatcher's wife, Susan. They just started getting close and I think it's great that Mere is starting to have a mother figure in her life. She has a hard time getting attatched to people and letting people in and then when she finally starts to let Susan in she's gonna lose her? Poor Meredith. If that's what happens at least, I feel so bad for her. Any other ideas to who it could be though?
over a year ago lachick said…
Hmmm...I wonder if it might possibly be her father's wife that dies? I guess it's because they just started growing close but I can't really see what the writers can do with that relationship, so why not make it dramatic and make Meredith lose both her birth mother and her new step mother.

As for Callie leaving, I can see that happening too since George and Izzie obviously have something going on and Callie seems to be getting the short end of the stick, I can't imagine she would stay if she breaks things off with George, that would just be too awkward. I'm sure the new private practice that Addison is going to could use a hot orthopedic surgeon!
over a year ago oooohtone said…
Yeah I agree about Callie, plus she hasn't really become great friends or advanced her character with anyone in Grey's except George, so if they broke up they wouldn't have much to do with her. And I definately agree about it being her father's wife, I can't even think of anyone else that it could be.
over a year ago Marisa-Rachael said…
wel callies getting good mates with addison so that would also make sence for her following addy... and it sounds like it could be her step mum that gets killed of but it seems to obviuos.. is there anyone else taht it could possibly be...
over a year ago SheSheperd said…
I think it could possibly be one of Mer's half sisters - like the one with the baby just to make it worse 'cos that's the way the writers work :p

Just a feeling.

Also tbh I'm glad that Callie's character is leaving she does nothing but moan and I have a giant girl crush on Izzie :p
over a year ago kay80 said…
Callie and george!! i think callie may be the death.
over a year ago Marisa-Rachael said…
04/03 - [The death of someone close to Mer will not be her father but it's not far off from him.] And you wanna know the really wretched thing? It will be Meredith's fault. Or, at least, it will be perceived that way. Source: Kristin on E!Online

found that...so it could be the step sister or step mum.....