Glee 2.22- 'New York' Discussion!

CrimeDramaBee posted on May 25, 2011 at 02:09AM
Discuss the Season 2 finale, 'New York' here.
Discuss the Season 2 finale, 'New York' here.

Glee 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
It was...interesting. Not what I expected for sure.
over a year ago gleekout4ever said…
It pissed me off. I hate Sam and Mercedes together. I hate that they lost. I love my Finchel. I loved the songs. I still think Jesses a little bitch. And well I have mixed feelings!
over a year ago CrimeDramaBee said…
smile
It was a pretty good episode, and I'm just going to list my thoughts:
10 things that irritated me:
1. Bella Notte- It was a really awkward serenade. I'd rather just have the Rachel & Finn scene without the music.
2. The pillow fight- are the girls really that immature to ruin hotel pillows like that?
3. Quinn's haircut- no- the haircut itself is okay, but for making a scene of it, nobody noticed in the end.
4. Will's 'big broadway solo'- meh. He sang it well, but, um...
5. Lack of groups in Nationals. You only saw one team other than VA and ND perform.
6. The kiss- awkward silence and spinny camera motions. WAAAAY too long!
7. The New Directions' performance seemed to be a flashback to the song styles from 'Original Song' (Get it Right & Loser Like Me) plus previous performances. (1 ballad and 1 pop song)
8. Wemma- I am not a Wemma fan, but she was only there with Will for a second. I feel bad for those who felt a little cheated by this.
9. Samcedes- They are both nice people, but I don't think they should be together (because I ship Fabrevans).
10. Winner of Nationals- You never found out- (or did we?) Well 12th place is not bad. >:(
*Bonus* 11. That annoying Chevy commercial with the cast.

10 Things that I liked:
1. Santana- she was great in this episode. Loved when she went Lima Heights (en Espanol) on Rachel
2. Brittany- yes, she's definately getting smarter each episode. Loved her solos...
3. 'My Cup'- FUNNY! Clearly a Brittany production
4. Rachel & Kurt's Wicked set- now if only you could get them to sing 'Defying Gravity' there too!
5. Quinn's inability to stay visibly angry for a long period of time.
6. The black dresses- better than the blue ones from 'Original Song'
7. I Love New York/New York, New York- Excluding the corny intro from Finn and the random shot back to Santana in Central Park next to the officer, I really liked it.
8. No Dying, death, or lovely, but slightly disturbing Willy Wonka performances.
9. No words written on a whiteboard (lesson of the week).
10. Finchel reunion- I did NOT like the kiss, but I'm happy they're back together.
*Bonus* 11. Setting- NYC, baby! Wasn't this point made every 37 seconds?!!! :D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago JBfan445 said…
big smile
I absalutly loved it! Samcedies got together,I knew they would after "Prom queen". Finncel got back together,even though the kiss was long and drawn out. Sartana's yelling after Nationails,that was good. Rachel and Kurt's singing on stage was awesome! I liked Quinn's haircut." My cup" was super funny. Even though they got 12th place,I didn't care. I was confused on one thing though: Are Bartie back together?
over a year ago Albiee said…
It wasn't wot i expected! I like samcedes as mates but not as a couple. I really hate finchel!! I new they wouldn't win cos thts wot they will do cos next yr they will win everything! Personally, ithought regionals competition performances were better then nationals but i liked there new york song and pretending was ok!! Hate Quinns new haircut!! Luvved the friendship between Santana, Quinn & Brittany!! Luvved Brittanys song my cup! LOL!! Annoyed tht there wasn't enough wemma!!! Sad tht nothins happened with Fabrevans!! I luvved the girl pillow fite!! Thts wot me and mates wood of done!! Will the boys were calm!!! Didn't get y the guys were there while finchel were on a date!! I mean were they supposed 2 b there or was it kinda like they weren't if u get wot i mean?? Overall on a scale of 1-10 i'd give this ep a 5 1/2 xx not the best season finale!! Set bk from last season!!!