Glee A Theory

EmilyELewis posted on Jan 09, 2010 at 07:05AM
Ok, so I've recently noticed some things and I now have a crazy random theory about the past of the "Glee" universe. In high school, Will was a football player/star in addition to his Glee Club stardom. Hear me out...

The facts:

1. Terri was the head cheerleader in high school. (Pilot)
2. Terri said that in high school Will was the "golden boy". (Pilot)
3. Will is pretty good at throwing and catching a football. (Mash-Up)
4. Will says that Finn reminds him of himself more than any other student despite a lack of similarity on the surface. (Mash-Up)
5. Will says repeatedly that he knows what it's like to be pulled between two things.
6. Will claims that when he was in school, Glee Club was very poular and cool -- meaning that it would have made the blurring of these lines more acceptable. (Showmance)
7. Will is clearly fairly athletic (see his dancing as proof).
8. Will actually thought football players would join Glee Club despite how insane and idea it was to everyone else. (Pilot)
9. Will mentions what a great combo football and glee make -- frequently and even before half the club was football players.

When taken together, all of these little clues seem to point to exactly what I said: Will is a former football player AND glee clubbber.

This is an interesting concept to me. It's another little clue to Will's past and personality and its a potential explanation for why Terri dated Will even though there seems to be very little about him that she likes (or that she would have liked as a teen, other than him being a cutie) and even less evidence that she might have been a person Will would fall for. It also makes one wonder why he might not have shown as much.

Your thoughts? Is it plausible or not? Would you be happy if it is true? What do you think such things being true might bring in the future of "Glee"?
Ok, so I've recently noticed some things and I now have a crazy random theory about the past of the "

Glee 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago EmilyELewis said…
blush
This is my first forum to start...
over a year ago cheery_blossom said…
Haht Damn, I Love Matthew Morrison!
over a year ago robothor1111 said…
That makes sense.
over a year ago starprincess66 said…
blush
i think ur right!!! everything just makes sense!!! i never thought of that!!! that would be awesome! i hope u right!!