Fanpop Users Cross-posting images

DrDevience posted on Feb 04, 2008 at 08:30AM
I know that Dave had said, once upon a time, that it was ok to put the same image in two spots if it fit in both spots...

But did he mean it was ok to post every image to 5 different spots?

Seems to me this is cluttering up the search function. I have cross-posted from time to time myself, but I do try to keep it to a minimum precisely because of that.

Am I nit-picking to be slightly irked when 5 of the 6 images on the front page are the same one posted to 5 spots?

I'm seriously asking. If this is ok with the Fanpop Four, then I'll start doing that myself. Hell, every Sweden Image can also go into Scandinavia, Europe, Travel...

Think off all the bumps in medals if I did that! (end snark)

So. Is this really what Fanpop wants? Tell me now...

Doc

Fanpop Users 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hooch-is-crazy said…
well, i dont think it is right to cross post unless it sort of comes halfway (like the charecters from the office simpsonized)
over a year ago Snerkie said…
i agree, i hate it if there is an image posted in 5 other spots that clearly the fans will be a fan of those other spots too.

Even with what Hooch said, if it's a photo of say just Dwight then i think it should just go in his spot and more group type photos in the office spot so it creates precise searching (as the tags in the office spot...no offence to the people that post things there...are absolutely crap, as most have just been uploaded in batches)
over a year ago chel1395 said…
I agree. I try to keep my cross-posting to a minimum of 2. For instance a picture of Paris will go in the Paris Spot and the France Spot. Or it will go in the Paris Spot and the Europe Spot. I just don't have time to put pictures in numerous different spots.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
i think a lot of people in to travel will pop around the same spots however, if you think diferent fans will be able to see your image when you cross images, thats when you should do it e.g. a picture that you toke of the iffel tower in a artistic manner can go in paris (or france or whatever) but also in photography as it's a completley
unrelated spot

Edit: sorry just realized i've just embelished on what hooc said
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
I can understand posting things in other spots, but as chel said I try and keep it to a minimum of two, for example, a screenshot of Mr. Resetti in Super Smash Bros. Brawl initially belongs in the Brawl spot, but then as he's an Animal Crossing character, the image is suited to the Animal Crossing spot as well.
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Yes - I can see that. My issue comes in when someone posts the same image to 5 different spots. Craziness!

I cross-post some to different spots also - but never the whole roll of pics to both spots in their entirety. I try to have some to one, some to the other, with just a few being in both.

I dunno - I wish they would make an official ruling.