Fanpop Users Let's Find the Hidden Gems o' Life.

DoctorSpud posted on Dec 18, 2008 at 10:24PM
Hey everyone! I'd like to tell you all a simple little opinion of mine.......
In today's social world, I have discovered all of the "fads" and the styles and all the stuff that's "hip" or cool doesn't mix with my tastes. In order to find something I really like, I have to dig down and do some searching for some "hidden gems". That means that things like rap and Harry Potter and whatever that you darnded kids like these days (:D) are ok, but the smaller people and groups and things like that in life are often wrongly overlooked, despite being the best. People seem to find something that's totally tasteless in my humble opinion and start talking about it and/or buying/doing it for a while 'til it's drained out.
But none of that stuff ever seems to be of interest to me, so I have to go around searching real hard to find something that's cool for me. If this is what you have to do, comment below.
I've got a list of some cool, and underrated things and people in different media that are underrated and really cool, at least I think below. Check out the links.

MUSIC INDUSTRY
Ben Harper- A great musician who works on all sorts of genres.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Harper

GAMES INDUSTRY
Sucker Punch- Probably the greatest game company around right now, Sucker Punch has developed the extremely entertaining Sly Cooper series, and are coming out with a wicked looking new superhero game, inFamous.
www.suckerpunch.com
I also write a blog about them
suckerpunchworld.blogspot.com

The Behemoth- A company dedicated to making games with old school style, they are the company behind the hit run 'n gun Alien Hominid several years ago and just released a new game, Castle Crashers, around November.
www.thebehemoth.com

Team ICO- OK, so these guys, as well as their games, aren't exactly underrated, but they deserve the kind of success the GTA and Call of Duty already gained.
The developers behind the games ICO and the masterpiece Shadow of the Colossus.
www.shadowofthecolossus.com

MOVIES INDUSTRY

Overbrooke Entertainment- Alright, movie companies are never exactly famous, but Will Smith's company, behind I Am Legend and The Pursuit of Happyness, deserves some nice recognition.
www.overbrookent.com

This is an extremely short list of many underrated people and companies that I've come to be a huge fan of. Get to know 'em and you'll love them!
If you're interested in digging beneath all the gossip and popular and in-the-zone stuff and getting to discover how many cool things have been left in the dust to some of the undeservingly popular icons of today, you can go to the new spot I just created, the Hidden Gems of Life spot. Here's the link:
link
save

Fanpop Users 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Well.. Uh I mosty dunno all those stuff but I do Love GTA :)
over a year ago DoctorSpud said…
You're not likely to know all of these things because they are UNDERRATED!