Fanpop Users Fanpop User Events

harold posted on Nov 06, 2008 at 12:31AM
I'm starting this thread in the Fanpop Users forum for users to announce and present their ideas for various Fanpop events, gatherings, contests, and the like. Basically, it's for anything that happens in a set time and/or place for users of the site.

Fanpop Users 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago harold said…
Just a couple of examples from the past year:

link

and

link
We're currently accepting entries for the 2008 Fanpop costume contest, taking place link. Entries should be posted by the end of the day Friday, 7 November 2008.
over a year ago Cammie said…
Oh hell, that's tomorrow.
I must go to my hope chest and iron out my original 1965 Samantha (yes, the one from Bewitched) witch'es outfit.
Hey don't laugh, I look pretty hot in it!
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Ah darn, i hv no costumes =\ myb u should dress up as Jack, harold xD
Just an update: the deadline for Fanpop Costume contest entries is in a bit more than 4 hours (midnight in Hawaii). After that (Saturday sometime), the question will open where you can pick your favorite. But you can still enter, even if you post pictures of old costumes from previous years.
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Still, im in indonesia right now, and halloween spirit here is not high so i never get any costumes Dx !! How bout you Harold? what would u like to dress up as?
What would I like for a costume? What, with no cost or time constraints? That's actually kinda interesting because it slides right into a conversation I had with friends and family recently: what science-fiction character costume would you have if money, materials and assembly were not issues? For me, it was either a Cyberman or Ambassador Kosh...mostly because the costumes are so elaborate that I would never be able to do it otherwise. I confess the idea of Davros and/or Alpha Centauri also appeal to me, but now I'm showing my Doctor Who geekiness. But this is all off-topic! Back to events announcements...ahem, ahem.
Okay, folks: link and will continue for 1 week. Look at the comments for that pick for a link to the full costume gallery.