Fanpop Users Advice to new Fanpoppers and how you can get more fans ^_^

cowgirlfromhell posted on Oct 22, 2008 at 05:33PM
Just a bit of advice to all new fans.
I'm possibly the shyest person when it comes to joining a new website, complete opposite in person, so I know what it's like. It took me a couple of days to finally add a comment, it's likely that it was in the Twilight club because I knew that there would be people there that would have near the same views as me there, so find a club that you feel comfortable with and just post comments there, make sure that the club has enough activity so that you won't feel that people are ignoring you. After a couple of comments your confidence will grow and you'll become comfortable.

If you just browse clubs on Fanpop and read the comments you'll notice that everyone, well most people, now's everyone and that no one judges others, that makes the atmosphere warm, not hostile.
Eventually people will notice you, even within the first comment if it's in a club such as Picks, Fanpop and Fanpop Users as most Fanpoppers are a fan of them clubs so you'll be noticed easily and quickly.
Speak proper English, don't shorten words and use capital letters. Not everyone's first language is English so this is well appreciated. Of course you will always make a typo now and then, we're all human, but you can always use Spellcheck.
If you add a comment on the Debate spot make sure that it's well thouht out and not a one line comment that's already been said in the comments, you'll find an article about that in the debate club by Amazondebs.
Don't be rude in a comment that could hurt people's feelings, in other words, don't add a comment that is racist, sexist, religionist (??? There probably is a word, I just don't know it so religionist will do for me)
Comments will always work to getting new fans, most of the content that I add are on clubs that not many people have heard of such as the Pantera club.

Add content (videos, picks, links, images, pop quizzes, articles) keyword them properly and credit the images. You won't just get fans but props by doing this and if you add enough content and it's rated well you'll even get a medal for the club, if it's not rated simply add a link to the club on the VRSOF (a club especially for rating unrated content, an excellent example of the kindness and generosity of fanpoppers).

When adding picks make sure that the question isn't on the club already and that it's not about yourself, eg. ''Do you like the Fanpopper cowgirlfromhell?''. This is one of people's pet peeves here and it makes you seem stuck up.

I felt that this was a good time to post this forum, if it's, or something similar, is on this or another club the just comment this or message me, I don't want to be posting things that are already here.

Teehee, notice how I said ''clubs'', I had to go back and delete the word ''spot'' but I'm getting used to it ^_^
last edited on Oct 22, 2008 at 05:36PM

Fanpop Users 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
i agree and its very helpful^^ but sadly the problem with these articles/posts is that they get lost in all the forum posts :S
i have suggested before that some "how to" and advice forums and articles get collected somewhere for people to find them easily...
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
Great forum maybe you should make it an article...:)
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
im with ineedcoffee on this one
over a year ago Snerkie said…
yeah, definately makes this an article :) it'll get noticed way easier and people will learn from it :) all nicely said too *claps*
over a year ago cowgirlfromhell said…
Ok, I'll put it there now, I was going to make it a very long comment at the start =/

It's there now link
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
alright =]!