Fanpop Users "Where, Oh Where, Oh Where Is Carly?"

dazl posted on Aug 31, 2008 at 09:50PM
I was innocently surfing Fanpop, and clicked onto Cinder's profile, to get, y'know, my daily stalking quota.

Imagine my suprise when I discovered I was redirected to the main page.

It begs the question: has Carly been banned? Or am I just paranoid?
save

Fanpop Users 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago JKMcD said…
It worked when I just went to it. :/ donno could have been a site error when you clicked it.
over a year ago dazl said…
Ahh, now it is. Yay. Now I can stalk he...I mean, ahem.
over a year ago Cinders said…
Yes, I was banned. Funny story, actually-- I'll tell you later. Or ask Knifewrench. Right now, I have no time.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
great that youre back
over a year ago Cinders said…
OK so here's the explanation:

There was a user posting links to a virus-infested website in practically every spot. I went around reporting each link and posting a warning to users not to click on it should they stumble across it before it was deleted. Ironically, as I was copy-pasting and posting, I got auto-banned for posting four comments in less than ten seconds. But papa reinstated me, commenting on the amusing irony of the whole situation.
over a year ago Cammie said…
Irony indeed. You deserved a prop for what you were trying to do (and moi is going to do just that - belatedly as it is)... I do hope that virus-infected user got banned - permanently.
PS: 18hrs absent I didn't notice. If it had been a week or more I definitely would've - I stalk on a weekly basis!