Fanpop Users Fanpop Dictionary

Cinders posted on Mar 28, 2008 at 06:21AM
Relevant in many ways to link I have decided to compile an official soapbox of all words that originated here on fanpop. Of course, all the words in that pick would be on the list, but I wanted this soapbox to be cowritten by everyone here. If anyone has a cool fanpoppable word (such as, "fanpoppable") to add to the list, by all means do so. Please provide a definition for your term. The only rule is that the word must relate to something (or someone) on fanpop.

For example, three fanpop user related words I came up with today:

Chelify (verb): The act of chelification; To be changed or be effected in some way by chel395.

johnminh: 1) (noun, slang) From the phrase "pull a johnminh" which in no way relates to tugging on any part of the body, least of all johnminh's body. But rather, refers to saying something witty with naughty subtext.

dazl (noun, adjective, verb, adverb): Fanpop equivalent of the word "smurf" (though in no way associated with the race of evil blue beings) and can be substituted into any sentence and still make sense. "Dude, I totally dazled your Mom last night." "No dazling way!" "Yeah, man. I dazled the dazl out of her."

Comprende? I think this'll be fun. And I think in about two weeks, I'll compile what everyone's said here and make the soapbox! After the soapbox is published and you're still coming up with words, you should add it to the list anyway and I'll edit the soapbox accordingly.

Also, if you have additional definitions to go with the three I just listed, by all means say them! They can be used as secondary definitions. After all, a single word can have a multitude of meanings attached to it!
last edited on Mar 28, 2008 at 06:24AM

Fanpop Users 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hooch-is-crazy said…
This is dazling awesome.

i'll be back when i think of one.
over a year ago dazl said…
DrDevienciation
1. The act of providing a concise argument within a conversation or debate. "I was able to drdevience my debate, and won my point". See also Cinderisation, or Blisslikethistition.

2. To credit an original owner with an image
"I drdevienced that image"
over a year ago hooch-is-crazy said…
if someone has a definition of edenated that could be good.
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
smurfy (adjective)
1. Describes the epitome of repulsion and everything that is wrong in the universe.
Example: MySpace is smurfy.
over a year ago Cinders said…
No more takers? Disappointing, guys!

(Thanks to you three, though, you are never disappointing.)
over a year ago Temptasia said…
Cinderate (verb)-
To mediate situations with impecably unbiased discussions and explainations. This specific type of mediation often includes offering to make people cookies!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago amazondebs said…
fanaholic (adj)

1. someone with a addiction to fanpop
2. caused by too little fanpop
-fanaholic dehydration
3. a place where there are a lot of fans
-fanaholic spot
4. a weird mophed fanpopper made from aholic and gregandersfans

*if your thinking their weird definitions try looking up alcoholic on word :)
Tempt: (1) v. To Tempt. The act of spreading good will. "Wow, she's really tempting the room. All the tension is dissolving away."
(4) adj, Temptable. Beautiful, warm, adorable. "That new pic you posted is positively temptable!"
Redal - abbreviation of Red (Fanatic) Medal. Ex: I just got my first redal, and I'm super happy!
Wikipediaed - (quoted by chel1395 link. )
- To look something up on Wikipedia.
Ex. I didn't know what the capital of Michigan was so I Wikipediaed it.
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
Fanpopiversary (noun): A Fanpop-related anniversary.
Example: This month marks Temptasia's one-year Fanpop anniversary. Happy Fanpopiversary!
over a year ago chel1395 said…
Fanpopic (adj)
1. Surpassing the usual or ordinary on Fanpop, particularly in scope or size
2. Heroic and impressive in quality
Example: That soapbox was Fanpopic and will go down in history as the greatest thing ever written.

MySpaced (verb)
1. To make a mistake on Fanpop, to mess something up
Example: I can't believe you would do something that stupid. You totally MySpaced it.
over a year ago caintil31 said…
Fof'd(verb)
1. To win Fan of the Fortnight a.k.a. F.O.F.
Example: Temptasia was an all around good fan so she got fof'd.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
Fandom (nown)
1.a part of the internet ruled over by fans e.g. 'the castle of fandom looks very fanpopic'
2.a realm or area of activity in which fans dominate 'the fandom was busy with picks that morning'
3.highest classification of the internet 'fanpop is the fandom of all the websites'
Fanpopular: (adj.) The state of being well-liked, famous, or "in" on Fanpop. Ex: "Have you heard of amazondebs? Gosh, she is so fanpopular these days." Or "That old pick? You're behind the times, that was fanpopular weeks ago."

Opposite: Unfanpopular: (adj.) The state of being passe, outdated, or out of favor on Fanpop. Ex: "Ew, all that user does is start flame wars, he is SO unfanpopular." or "Wow, you're just hearing about that article? Yeah, I know, it's so unfanpopular."
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Nice words! Except the problem is that the definition is so formal I hardly understand most of them =_= Anyway...

Fanporsche: A Porsche Fanpop version!
Example: I just bought a Fanporsche today!

*Can be used with any car/transportation, ex: Fanplane, Fanship,
Fanskyline*

Fanpopper: A person who has made a Fanpop account who is male.

Fanpoppette: A person who has made a Fanpop account who is female.