Doctor Who Martha Jones

snoznoodle posted on Apr 26, 2007 at 09:20AM
What do we all think about the new asistant? I'm a Rose lover for sure but I'm starting to like Martha a lot too.
You can tell her relationship with the Doctor is going to be different to his and Rose's and I think it's going to be pretty exciting to see someone new. She likes the Doctor now but I think she'll work out nothing is going to happen and just forget about it.
And she has attitude too which is cool 'Jeez ever heard of rebound?' great!

p.s I'm thinking the new episodes are SO awesome! Anyone agree?

Doctor Who 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago crewdy said…
She is being very underused so far so it's hard to tell just how much she will benefit the show yet. I'm hoping Human Nature will bring her in to the limelight a little. The new series is fabulous - can't wait for the next few weeks!
over a year ago TARDIS said…
the new eps are great but you can't help but think that she's never going to fill the shoes Rose left behind
over a year ago thecon said…
I agree with Tardis... I don't think she has been great yet. Her best moment was in Gridlock when she demanded The Doctor give her answers. That was very good, but not so much of that since then
over a year ago tubachick said…
At first I really didn't like Martha... I kept wishing that Rose was back on the show because she is wonderful. But in the most recent episodes, I feel like she is coming into her own. Except I don't really like the whole "I love the Doctor, but he doesn't notice me" thing... He's the Doctor! Of course he doesn't notice!
However, has anyone noticed that in the new seasons the Doctor has become more of a stud? In the past, he was kind of more a fatherly, crazy time-traveler kind of guy... I mean, look at William Hartnell!
But now I am rambling...
over a year ago maknenek said…
Martha so far has been as good as Rose (or so I think) but she is good in a different way.
over a year ago Aili said…
Well, Martha is ok. Yeah she is smart and all that, but I still like Rose best. And I agree with tubachick, I don't like the whole "I love the Doctor, but he doesn't notice me" thing. I'm still hoping, that Rose will return. The Doc and Rose had something so good together.
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
I think (or hope) she'll get over him soon because I do NOT want anything to happen between them. It would be an insult to Rose.
But I do really like her. She's pretty funny, she's got a lot of character. I still miss Rose but I seriously think the episodes are getting better and better. Yeah and the "I love the Doctor" thing annoys me too. That was ROSE! Grr.
over a year ago hekissedmyhand said…
I think the doctor is way hung up on Rose, and EVERYTHING he's done for Martha has been beacuse she's earned it. She's smarter than Rose, but not quite as specatcular. She's more practical for an assistant and Rose was more filling of an emotional void for the doctor. I do believe he loved her...I love how insulted she gets when he talks about rose. Just the look on her face is brilliant. :D But I am still working out how they'll bring Rose back - because i think they will (wishing for it to be by the end of next season)
I think I would be happy with one episode of Rose and Mickey working with Torchwood in the alternate universe. I'd love to see her and Mickey saving the world, just to know that her adventure isn't over and she's still continuing the Doctor's work. It'd make me feel a lot better about her leaving. Martha has something to go on with - she could be a doctor if she left him - but Rose has always been fine going off with the Doctor cos she had nothing else to do.

But Martha probably hasn't left right? She'll be back. I was starting to like her!
over a year ago roundabouts said…
i didnt like martha at first coz i really loved rose and her relationship with the doctor. i am glad nothing happend between them and that rose was still mentioned throughout the season. i think it would of been disrespectful if they didnt show the doctor remembering her coz she was special to the doctor and the the audience. their relationship was one big reason for me watching doctor who. i like martha but loved rose. wish she would come back. i am not looking forward to catherine tate on the show
over a year ago tubachick said…
Yeah, I am not really looking forward to Catherine Tate either. I don't like the character she played in the Christmas special... I thought she was annoying and not very resourceful. But I am willing to see what they come up with... Maybe she will change!
I thought that they were pretty funny together. But she will get annoying. She can't stay for too long though she doesn't seem like the type to love danger and solving mysteries.
over a year ago Saphira333 said…
yeah i agree with you snoznoodle , however she did love travelling enough with the doctor to get used to the danger..
over a year ago thecon said…
I think that the Martha character was always meant to grow in the way she has.... she didn't become fully interesting until the finale. When she comes back to Torchwood next year she'll be more defined and more interesting as a result, and she'll carry that with her to Season 4 of Who when she goes back to The Doctor.