Disney Princess Problems

princesslullaby posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 11:43PM
Here, you can vent about what exactly on the site is bothering you. I feel that most people who have problems are just leaving sporadic angry comments instead of really concisely explaining what's bothering them.

Rules (Please Read)
I think it would be good to have a forum explaining what your problems are. Please, just post your comments at first, don't attempt to tackle what others are complaining about. Just complain about whats bothering YOU. Then once we have a good amount, or at least once we start getting repeat complaints, we'll tackle each person's grievances one by one, and eventually I'll post a solutions forum for people to read.

It's sad that I feel we have to do this, but it's time to get the morale and fun boosted on the site again. ^_^
last edited on Feb 09, 2011 at 11:44PM

Disney Princess 33 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago KataraLover said…
For one idiotic picks what make no sense at all and they don't include all the disney princesses! How stupid is that?
over a year ago princesslullaby said…
My problem is people who are too sensitive. Everyone seems to take things REALLY personally on this site.
Also, the way everyone acted with fancysparkle. Frankly, it was just STUPID. I admit I had my fun but only for about half an hour.
Also, the creativity on this site SUCKS.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ppgbelle4 said…
^ Exactly. I agree with point #2 the most, despite being part of it.

I think what we need to do is have some activity, but not one which is so...time based, I guess. The RP sounds like a good idea, for instance.
over a year ago disneyfan500 said…
I agree, and thanks for coming up with this idea. One rant would be fancysparkle but she is reported and gone now. My second one would be people thinking about what they say before they post it in comments. So things don't come off so harsh. People don't take things so personally (including myself). I will think about it and than come back if I think of anything else.
over a year ago boolander25 said…
One of the things that kind ticks me off is how some people just don't get the credit they deserve for their creative genius. It's really always the same people winning the contests over and over again and it kind of bothers me. True, I might probably be one of those people who I'm talking about (maybe, not really), but it does bother me. I mean yeah, people deserve to win, but others should shine through too.
over a year ago CuteDiana said…
agreed about fancysparkle, it IT's gone now so let's just forget about it.

what really bothers are the fans whos so 'YAY MY FAVE PRINCESS' and pick her in everything just because it's her fave, why the picks then ? it's all who's your fave princess now. pffff !
over a year ago firegirl1515 said…
Pretty much all of the above. Creativity in general is at an all time low. I feel that's sort of a result of the spring-summer 2010 countdown wave that I walked into when I joined last year. Everyone was spewing ideas left and right back then. There were also 3 fanfics going on at the time, which I quite enjoyed. But now, although people are trying, it seems as if most picks have been done before. Like . . . an old t-shirt. The color is slowly fading, the material getting thin. But not because you don't try and keep it nice. It's just something that happens.
over a year ago percyandpotter said…
Completely agree. I know I'm one of those people lacking creativity, but I try to think of picks. An example that sticks out in my head is disneyfan500, who says she tries to think of one pick to make every day for Tiana month, and we should do something about as frequent. Maybe questions that weren't asked recently should be redone, or people that don't make picks should make forums or quiz questions or fanfics. And the boom of summer/spring was really huge, I was on every day for at least a couple hours.
over a year ago lepetitsouris said…
Maturity. This ties in with the fancysparkle (though I admit that I had my fun)... but just generally speaking... sometimes arguments that we have here are plain idiotic...

Creativity like everyone else said.

More Involvement. A bunch of people comment (some comments are stupider than others), but people are lazy with making picks/articles/etc. I'm constantly busy now, but I still hope to contribute a lot more.
over a year ago sunnyson said…
I pretty much agree with everyone else.The creativity is lacking. This is very small but it bugs me when you or some one else writes a article but in the comments people are commenting about stuff that has nothing to do with what they just read.
over a year ago madisonsavanna said…
I basically agree with everything above. One of my favorite times that I've been on here was the most recent summer; the site never died down. It was just really hard to decribe, it was just... almost perfect. I really hope that we'll be able to get back to that.
One of my big problems is how we react to new users. I read the comments on disneyfan500's article, and saw that a lot of the users (including myself) didn't feel that welcome when they first joined. When I first joined fanpop, I seemed really dumb. i'd type lik dis all da time, posted stupid picks, and repeated countdowns. I remember just feeling like everyone hated me based off the comments you guys gave me, and I discovered that a lot of the users felt like that. I think that when a new user posts a stupid comment/pick/article/etc., we should try to be more patient with them because they can turn out to be a cool person, despite how irritating they are at the moment. I know that we don't intentionally make them feel bad, but we should try our best to make them feel welcome.
over a year ago phantomrose89 said…
big smile
I have no complaints. :) I enjoy all of you and I enjoy Disney princesses and that's good enough for me.
over a year ago Straggy said…
I really agree with the sensitivity thing. You have an opinion, stick with it and don't be ashamed of it - and deal with the fact that not everyone will agree with you.
over a year ago Mongoose09 said…
My complaint is people complaining. I'm sorry but this has to be one of the most active spots on Fanpop (if you look at the amount of fans this has in comparison to other active spots that have around 50,000 fans) and it's just annoying me lately how everyone's complaining about stupid little things. Everyone is different and I think people here should learn to accept it more (whether someone is sensitive or not, whether someone is honest or not, or whatever) - I don't see the creativity thing as an issue, because it's hard to be creative nowadays since most questions have alredy been asked - it's hard to think of new and fresh things to ask. I do however agree with madisonsavanna about our reception to new users, I feel that we should be more welcoming - we were all new once and I feel that some of us are a little hostile to that of new users. "Oh I've been on this club longer than you, therefore I'm better than you, therefore your opinion doesn't count. BOG OFF WEED!!"

I just think that a Disney Princess club on a website is not something worth complaining about, when so many other worse things are happening in this world. (I know I'm being a hypocrite as I'm complaining now, but you know what I mean) Complaining won't make things get better, it'll probably just make things get worse as it'll make people paranoid that when they post a pick, if it's going to be deemed 'creative' or if their comments are going to be deemed 'too sensitive' or 'not honest enough'. Sure if you don't agree with someones pick or think it's stupid then you can say so, but there's no need to make such a big deal over it IMO.

It's honestly making me not want to come on this club anymore, because people are just so aggressive lately and you have to look at it this way: it's only a website. It's a club on a website. It's as simple as that. There are MUCH worse clubs on Fanpop than this. I just don't think this club is as bad as people are making it out to be. Fair enough the fancysparkle situation was annoying and I understand why people were frustrated by it, but this complaining has been going on since before she joined. Plus she's gone now (I think?) so that's that sorted. I, for one, will cherish those A's she rewarded me 'til the day I die. (..not to be taken seriously..)

I honestly don't mean to start an argument (hope not anyway) but it's just my opinion. You said people should be honest, so there you go.

Again, I just don't think this club is as bad as most people are making it out to be.
over a year ago TigerRanma said…
^ You know, I was gonna put that too. "My complaint is people complaining." :P
over a year ago ppv said…
Oh, @Mongoose09: I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I was going to say something like that, but it'd be about one little paragraph! GREAT answer!
over a year ago phantomrose89 said…
big smile
*bows to Mongoose*
over a year ago DreamyGal said…
Everyone else pretty much said it all; lack of creativity...it's difficult to be creative when just about everything has been covered. That's why I pulled my articles I was writing (Princess Academy Awards & Princess Weddings). I wanted to write them at first, but then I realized that it was similar to articles that had been done already, plus I got busy with planning a flippin' wedding! I think a lot of people (including myself) just feel the need to constantly contribute to this site.
over a year ago justinfangrrl said…
^agree.
and about the sensitivity thing, some people just take things to heart when they shouldn't.
also, I agree with mongoose about the newcomers... when I first got in this site, I felt so out of place and lost. I had to learn things by myself. Nobody told me.
I think we should explain a few things if people react the way they do. (they can't help it, they're naive.)
I have another small and silly complaint, I don't know if this bugs everybody or not. But, if somebody spells something wrong, let it be instead of correcting them. Unless they are constantly spelling a bunch of different words wrong. But I think a word hear and there don't matter.
over a year ago cromulanfav said…
^Yeah, but when someone corrects you, it's the way to perfection. It's not like they mean something bad. I would like to be corrected whenever I make mistake, that way I would learn English better
over a year ago ppv said…
^I feel the same.
I wasn't specifically talking about people correcting me. I notice it happens to a bunch of people. It just personally annoys me a little. Thats all. Like I said it's a silly complaint, and I don't know if everyone will agree me or not. Thats just my personal opinion.
over a year ago princesslullaby said…
^well, I disagree with you. If it's an obvious mistake, like writing "coutndown" instead of "countdown", well obviously the person just typed fast. So don't correct that, it's obnoxious. But if they write, um, like "ackwarium" instead of "aquarium", then we correct them.
Ok, that's fine. This was just a complaint, that's all. I just personally find it annoying when people do that, but it isn't the most important complaint on here. And it very minorally annoys me. I just thought I would say something on this forum page because thats what this was for.
over a year ago cromulanfav said…
There's no reason to sound so defensive. We didn't attacked you, we just told you why we think it's not a problem when someone corrects someone
^ Oh, I wasn't trying to sound defendsive at all. I was just explaining myself and I never said or thought you guys were attacking me.
over a year ago Duncan_Courtney said…
Excuse me for coming in randomly here, but I totally agree with Mongoose09 said. There are clubs so much worse on here that this one. I used to be quite active on the Total Drama Island fanclub last year, and everyday I would go to look new content only to find fights, ridiculous comments and OC's as far as the eye can see. Not good OC's though, bad, terrible unoriginal colour-overs that people made just for the sake of having their OC. Just speaking from personal experience, but I don't think we're as bad as we're saying we are.

I'd also like to defend myself and other other non-pick makers a bit. To be honest, I've tried really hard to add good picks on here, I seriously try to think of at least one everyday. But every time I go and check if a pick has been done or not, it turns out that someone has already posted it. Picks are just not some people's things, I know I've posted picks that I thought were original and great, only to find out that they've been done before.

Now on to the issues, I really only have a few things to complain about. For me, I really dislike it when people post repetitive picks, such as "My second favourite movie vs. my last favourite". Not to be a bitch, but those kind of things are a little unnecessary imo. My other problem is the same as what Boolander25 said, the same people keep winning the same things, and it feels as if I shouldn't even bother entering stuff anymore because I'm just going to be disappointed. But we can't be rude and say to those people "Your icons are too good, you can't participate anymore", that just cold.

My last thing is that personally, I'm a bit intimidated to post pictures and stuff on here. Everyone always make these gorgeous icons and amazing pictures, and I feel as if my stuff is second rate and not worth posting. You guys didn't do anything wrong with that, it's just me feeling less confident about my art and icons.

Holy shit I didn't realize I wrote so much :/
over a year ago firegirl1515 said…
I agree about the people who are really good winning a lot thing, and about how good we've got it here. We've got a really tight-knit group of regulars, and we don't really get any of the, for lack of a better word, ignorant fanpoppers who don't care about the quality of their work and feel they must argue over every single detail of things instead of taking it out and calmly sharing opinions.
over a year ago boolander25 said…
Yeah, I do agree with Duncan_Courtney, like A LOT. There was a ton of shit going down on the TDI spots (like it was awful and I didn't even go on there) so I do agree that we do have it pretty good. The only problem is when people get into arguments here everyone's mature enough to actually come up with good backups (LOL). And also the whole people winning a lot thing, she did describe how I was feeling pretty well, like I don't hate people who win a lot ( I do admire them!) but it just feels repetitive after a while. And I definitely also agree with the intimidation of posting icons. I'm just as scared too.

Wow, I agree with everything you said, Duncan_Courtney. High five for telepathicness!
^Hurray for mind-reading! (high fives)
I thought I was the only one who felt that way, glad
to see that someones got my back :D

and this isn't really a problem per se, just something that a lot of people liked that I thought I should bring up. Prersonally, I thought the Tangled discussion forum was fantasic, it seemed to bring a lot of people together for a common subect. I really likes that unity.
over a year ago Tygers_Eye said…
Honestly, this website is filled with the kindest and most open-minded people I've chatted with in my ten years of internet addiction. That is saying A LOT. I'll admit people haven't been quite as kind or open-minded these days as when I first joined, but then I started to regress into my old hostile internet habits before that even happened, so I'm the last person to talk.

I would hate to see this site get less friendly (though it's still miles above every other club and better than most of the rest of the internet I've seen), but I think this can be easily fixed if people are a little more mindful of being polite, accepting of newcomers and differing opinions, try to encourage creativity by giving more positive feedback to people that post it, and resisting the urge to try to "correct" posts of aforementioned differing opinions. (Ex: If someone comments in a poll or the forum they don't like a princess or movie you love, leave it be. Likewise, if you don't like a princess or movie, be mindful of wording it like you just don't like, not "it's terrible." I'm exceptionally guilty about this with regards to Ariel, so I need to put my money where my mouth is on this.)

Again, I'm as guilty of these as anyone, but I think these little problems are easily fixed.
Tygers_Eye commented…
Sorry, I know this isn't the place to try to post potential solutions, I'm just trying to put my money where my mouth is by staying positive and offering solutions instead of just accusations. over a year ago