Disney Princess DP Roleplay (Auditions will be held here!)

lepetitsouris posted on Jan 21, 2011 at 04:57AM
The Plot is "After Happily Ever After"

What to do: We decided that the fairest way is to "audition" for a part.
Auditions will be numbered them and posted in the comments. People will vote for the number that sounds/acts most like the character, not the user.

For the "audition", please submit (whether in a comment or a message I guess) a reaction to this: (a paragraph or longer is preferred)

Your favorite TV show has just been canceled.

(credit to firegirl1515 for thinking this idea up :D)

Characters that you could choose from:

Snow White
Prince

Cinderella
Charming

Aurora
Phillip

Ariel *Taken*
Eric

Belle
Beast (in human form)

Jasmine
Aladdin

Mulan
Shang

Tiana
Naveen

Pocahontas
John Smith
John Rolfe

Rapunzel
Flynn
last edited on Feb 24, 2011 at 02:47AM

Disney Princess 128 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 128

over a year ago ppgbelle4 said…
Okay. If it is going to be finalized, I call Belle, please. :)
over a year ago boolander25 said…
I'm not to sure if I'm interested or not, but just as an idea so you can get things sorted, how about making a list of people who want to be a certain princess and then have users pick (i.e. say a bunch of people volunteer to be Snow, make a list and then have users pick who they think would make the best Snow RP).

I think that was princesslullaby's idea, and I didn't know if you already got that, I was just suggesting through a suggestion, lol.
over a year ago lepetitsouris said…
^Course! But I feel bad that a bunch of people won't get their first choices because they weren't online at this hour. How do you think it should be decided? First come, first serve really seems like the only way though.
@boolander - yeah sure, I'll do that tomorrow when more people have viewed the forum.
over a year ago princesslullaby said…
but since I'm basically Jesus, I automatically get Ariel. I'M NOT WRITING ANY MORE COMMENTS ON THIS FORUM SO THIS FACT IS NONDEBATABLE. I AM ARIEL.
^I agree.

But for the other people, how do we know who would be the best for that princess? (I mean, how do we know if they are good RPers?)
Lol, so that must be a definite.

@ppgbelle4 Hmm, that's a good point. You could have people write a sample, then link it in the comments on that pick for that specific princess.
last edited over a year ago
^Okay, sounds good to me!
over a year ago firegirl1515 said…
Okay, there are 2 ways I know that we can Roleplay:

~Just be our characters (like on tumblr)

~Someone becomes the Roleplay Master and we acutually have a plot with goals to accomplish (such as here- link)
I like the second idea, personally. It could help us keep on track and not go into really random tangents.
over a year ago DreamyGal said…
smile
I've never done role playing before...sounds like fun! I would like to be Cinderellla :)

How does this RP work??
@blaze, I have a feeling that if you made a story plot, I think it might fall apart. I don't know for sure, but if we created a story line, what if some users just get tired of the story and fall out of it? Also, the story could also write itself into a corner, which would SUCK epically.

I myself am no good at writing, but this is just how I think that would go.
It was just a suggestion- I don't really have a preferred way of RP-ing. Heck, we could even do one of each . . .
That's true, for people who are good at writing story-like RP, they could do that and then we could have a whole 'nother forum for the "chat room" kind of thing. I like that idea.
That sounds great if we do one of each.

I want to say something, and I really don't want to come off as whiny or anything: I'm nervous about the voting thing, in a way. It is a good idea.

The thing is, I *really* want to be Belle in this RP thing if it happens, and I have RPed for years...but I am afraid of the idea that people will vote for someone else (like ppv) just because they have been here longer or something like that. I mean, RPing is a huge chunk out of my life. ^^; In other words, how do we prevent bias and stuff?
Hmmm... well, if we do the 2 separate forums, what if we have different users for the same princess, just on the different forums? And then, say in like 6 months-years time, you switch. Idk, but I DEF see your point, because in all honesty, I probably would've voted for her.
I don't know ppgbelle4... We should probably come up with another way of choosing, although I don't know how we would go abounding it.
Lol, I need to shut my face. I don't even think I'm going to even RP. Just brainstorm ideas. xDD
IDEA!

When someone submits a little "audition" for the character, we number them and post them in the comments. People will vote for the number that sounds/acts most like the character, not the user.
smile
That sounds brilliant!
Okay, awesome! :D
That sounds like a way better idea, but won't the selection not fit in the pick?

Oh wait, nvm. I got it. Lol, stupid bio is taking up my brain power.
We'll write "see comments", and put them all there ^-^

And one could be the actual princesses, whereas the plot one could involve saving the princesses . . . we could have vote on who makes the best plot, and that would be the Roleplay master. And we could be ourselves/made up characters when we're saving the princesses.
Wait, like be ourselves, our own personal user, and not have anyone be a princess? Sorry, I'm just wondering.
I love this! firegirl1515, you are the shit. Thank you for your geniusness. <3
Lol, don't worry. There's nothing wrong with being a n00b (as long as you can spell xDD)
Yeah, or a fake made up person. That way both aren't the same, and nothing gets confused (Do you know how many Flynn Riders are on Tumblr? Like, 3. It keeps confusing me, I don't know who's post I'm looking at sometimes xP).
Oh I see. I don't follow Tumblr so I might be a bit lost, lol.
It's okay. You are not missing a whole lot. XD
Well, spelling will def count for something, lol. N00bs are really just people who can't RP to save their life or are pretty new to the spot, and tbh, that's kinda a good idea. Keeps everything under control until people get used to everything. Personally, I wouldn't be a main character in the first place (you know how much pressure that'd be? O.o).
^Good point.
Yeah, the auditions thing will make sure there's no (or just less) discrimination, so it'll be all good.^^
It probably will.^^
over a year ago cromulanfav said…
Mulan is mine, I will kill anyone who ries to take her away
over a year ago ppv said…
hmmm
^well I was going to say the same about Belle, but I don't think I'll be able to kill ppgbelle4 ....
over a year ago cromulanfav said…
Hahaha, it's easy, ask me for advice if you need it
over a year ago CuteDiana said…
Huh, okay okay, i'll be back for more *understanding* :D
in the main while, did anyone take the roll Ursula ? if not i'll take it :)
Okay, I love your idea firegirl. :D. Just so not everyone auditions for a princess, I think people should submit at least two auditions; for one princess and one sidekick/prince/villain. Then we can see whether they're good at different roles.
over a year ago bubbles4u22 said…
big smile
Okay so this sounds fun! Haha here's a wide selection of characters I wouldn't mind being. I'm not that picky... haha: Aurora, Anastasia (from Cinderella), any of the fairies from Sleeping Beauty...
over a year ago Mongoose09 said…
If this idea carries out (which is awesome btw) I honestly don't mind who I'll be, whether that's Princess Jasmine or the tortoise who falls down the stairs from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
big smile
@cromulanfav: wow! thank you! XD poor ppgbelle4... she shouldn't have been such pushy LOL
smile
I think I won't participate in this, so I don't pretend to be Belle...
lol I love that tortoise! :D
So if this is for the character roleplay, should I go ahead and start a foum for plot auditions for the Plot/Goal roleplay?

Also- we'll be making new accounts for this RP, right? Like, PL will have to make an Ariel account, ect . . .
Hmmm... I don't know, I never really thought about the New Accounts thing.
I also think making a new account could deter people from joining. :/
I was just thinking since that's how we do it on tumblr *shrugs*

But, yeah, should I go ahead and make a new forum for the other kind so people can post plots?
^yeah sure, is this a definite idea? Are we pulling through with this *gets excited* :D
Sure! But more than one person should run both, so that there's no way for it to end if someone goes on vacation or takes a fanpop break.
Wait what do you mean the other kind? Should we just settle on one type so it doesn't get too overwhelming?