Disney Princess Why we adore and always dreamed we were disney princesses.

TotallyMe105 posted on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:47PM
Well I have a couple of theories of why we would always pick a princess and be like "Thats me" then we would dress up as them as halloween dream about them all that good ole stuff....but i realized why did we do that?

1. Reality was lost on us: I believe being young an impressionable played a huge role in why we love the characters of disney sooo much. We all believede happily ever afters and fairy godmothers existed....

2. The Uniqueness of each princess: Each princess brought something different into their story such as personality looks all that. Each had distinctive personality that charmed us and gave us all of sense of "hey im like that!"

3. Castles, Handsome Princes, etc: Disney gave us a look at what every girl dreams of....honestly happily ever after in a castle with a prince who loves you and would do anything for you. Each story had a plot around this almost.

Thats all i can think of if you have a reason you are so in love with classic disney because of the story or characters post it below:)

Disney Princess 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DreamyGal said…
heart
Thats all very true. It also helped to give us a vivid imagination. I'm an only child, so I never had anyone to really play with growing up (besides my Mama of course!), so I really felt like they were all my friends. Someone asked me once what I wanted to be when I grew up...my reply was "Cinderella".
Thats all very true. It also helped to give us a vivid imagination. I'm an only child, so I never had
over a year ago TotallyMe105 said…
awww im an only child too!
I totally understand i pretty much dreamed i was every disney princess hahah i would make my dad play rescue the princess with me!:)
laugh
Me too! I would make him Prince Charming, lol :D
hahaha omg sameee he would get really mad because i wouldnt shut up and was always going "ok lets play rescue the princess!!" and he would oh sooo cleverly reply "How bout lets not!" hahah but he always ended up playing it.....the magical gift of being an only child;)
smile
Yep...I know what you mean!!
what are the other disney princesses you like?
heart
Ohh geez...ALL OF THEM! For different reasons of course...
Cinderella: was my first Princess movie, so she is very dear to me.
Belle: For seeing Beauty WITHIN.
Snow White: For just being so sweet and pure.
Aurora: Love her voice and that she is a dreamer!
Ariel: I love her singing voice, her hair, and her personality
Jasmine: Love her eyes( I have big eyes too!) and love that she is sassy!
Pocahontas: She is very noble and peaceful
Mulan: She is so brave!
And I haven't seen the Princess and the Frog, but I just KNOW that I will love Tiana as well <3
What about you?
Ohh geez...ALL OF THEM! For different reasons of course...
Cinderella: was my first Princess movie,
hhahah well i havnt seen princess and the frog either so i cant really judge...she better be amazing because i dont want a princess who doesnt fit in with the rest.

Well when i was little i love Ariel. She was sooo spunky and free and all around amazing. But she is my second favorite now.

Belle is like my all time fave. We both live in small towns and want to experience something. We both get called strange and made fun of because we read to much. Both of us choose to see the beauty within. Thinking of it i feel almost as if she was the one who taught me to be that way. "BEauty and the Beast" is honestly a great lesson that all children(of this generaton) ecspecially should be taught
over a year ago AudreyFreak said…
they all have exactly the same good qualities (except for Ariel, who has none really, because everything she did was a spoiled brat who was either self-centered or for that guy she didnt know). Belle is sooooooooooooooooooo overrated. VERY boring character, judgmental, self-absorbed, and ditzy. The 3 oldest princesses are definitely the best role models: they show interesting flaws, or a stubborn girl who has to sexually objectify herself to distract people to be admirable. They were classy, sweet, and ever patient and tough, unlike the others.

they all have exactly the same good qualities (except for Ariel, who has none really, because everyth