Disney Princess Love Frozen

Sparklefairy375 posted on Sep 07, 2015 at 01:27PM
Perhaps I see most users here are implicit hate with Frozen. I have also been asked in wall posts, but finally I decided to make a special forum on this problem.

After saw several peoples who commented: Frozen is a film that is too well known, overrated, rushed, etc. I just think it's a little thought leads to a negative prejudice. I think Frozen is not that bad, perhaps because it was too well-known than other Disney films which you like, that are not popular as Frozen does. I think it's just a mere public pleasure with the film is considered different from other Disney Princess movie, which probably is a message of love with another meaning

Frozen is the new movie, about two years ago, so come on this is just the early days, anyway may be in the next few years its popularity may be declining.

I know you all may be don't like this discussions, but in this forum I would like to know the personal opinion of the both haters and lovers. Give opinions on your mind politely and not use dirty words and provoking the fight.

Sincerely,
Sparklefairy375

Perhaps I see most users here are implicit hate with Frozen. I have also been asked in wall posts, bu

Disney Princess 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago truth76 said…
I don't like plot and the movie kind of bores me. I also find it annoying that there are lots of songs in the movie. But there are some good things in it.
over a year ago Annabethandco said…
Yay! Frozen positivity and analysis time :)

Overview:

While not being blind to the flaws of the movie, Frozen certainly does have its own charm. The animation is beautiful and the music is incredible, plus the story is both emotional and magical - thus appealing to two demographics. The story is amusing and easy to follow. It is not something that you are meant to think too hard about or question, because there are several plot holes and issues. Overall, the film is great as long as you do not over think it.

Characters:

Elsa -
Elsa is a great character, and has become the idol of many little girls. She is powerful, caring, selfless and smart (for the most part, I know people may disagree with me but I feel the issue has already been debated enough). I know some people feel she was poorly developed, but I think leaving Elsa partly a blank canvas was a good move. She has become a rolemodel for those dealing with anxiety and depression - or just anyone who feels isolated and is going through a bad time. Some people may feel she is undeserved of this idolisation, but I have no problem with people with mental illnesses looking at Elsa as a role model and representation for people such as themselves.

Anna -
Anna is actually my least favourite princess because I find her reckless and irresponsible, but seeing as I am trying to be positive, I will be nice about her. Anna has a bright personality and a fierce love for her sister. I just wish she was more considerate at times.

Hans -
The plot twist with Hans was surprising to audiences and helped keep the film interesting. Some people have said his story arc does not make sense because the movie is so busy trying to pull the rug out from under the audience that nothing makes proper sense, but Frozen chooses to sometimes sacrifice plot for character. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Kristoff -
Although at times seemingly bland, Kristoff is loveable, brave, and self-sacrificing. His role as Anna's love interest carries on Disney's tradition that love at first sight doesn't always exist. I personally support this message but others say Disney is forgetting its roots.

Design:

The lack of diversity still bothers me in Frozen. Anna, Elsa, and their mother look almost identical. I get that they are family, but daughters hardly ever resemble their mother that exactly. Looking at Queen Leah and Ariel's mother also, it seems Disney does not always remember this. I also still feel Anna is too similar to Rapunzel. Sorry.

Overall:

Frozen is a fun movie, but does have a few problems. The problems, combined with the Frozen merchandise everywhere and the waterfall of praise it receives on other platforms, makes some users either dislike it or enjoy it less. Frozen was good! But it wasn't that good.
over a year ago wavesurf said…
My feelings and explanations for why I greatly dislike Frozen can be found here: link. Sadly, though it's been two years now... the whopping praise lavished on this "average movie" still makes me angry.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago UnholyNoise said…
I don't consider myself a fan of the film -- the pacing and structure are weird, and Hans, Kristoff, and Olaf seem unnecessary to the plot -- but I'm actually warming up (haha) to the characters. I love Anna, and see a lot of myself in Elsa (who gets unfairly dumped on for having no personality imo). And I love the overall message -- it's refreshing to see Disney poke fun at some of its most famous tropes (I take "Love is an Open Door" as a parody), and it's nice to see them emphasize non-romantic love, if they didn't have the guts to go all the way with it.
over a year ago MaidofOrleans said…
I don't love the film, but I certainly don't hate it either. I do however think that it's objectively the worst Disney Princess film. Here's a quick analysis:

Plot: OH GOD THE PLOT HOLES. This movie is so disjointed, and if you sit down to analyze the plot it really actually makes no cohesive sense. Elsa randomly has magic ice powers. It is never explained how she got them. She's supposed to be unable to control her powers when she's scared and angry and lonely, despite the fact that she is capable of building a beautiful and perfectly constructed ice castle while she's angry and lonely. (Also her odd and unexplained ability to create life itself and... dresses?) Why did Olaf's making a fire for Anna not count as an act of true love, since it would've led to him melting? Why does Anna suddenly have feelings for Kristoff at the end of the movie? The trolls are supposed to be ancient and wise, but they are less helpful than they would have been if they had just been stationary rocks for the entire movie. It's just all really confusing when you take a moment to think about it. I guess this movie was made for an audience that wasn't going to think too hard while watching it.

Characters: I like Anna and Elsa ok, but the rest of the characters aren't too great. Hans is awesome up until his sudden 180. (Seriously, what was up with that? He was a great and relatable character!) Olaf and Sven are pretty funny. Kristoff's only purpose was to help Anna get to Elsa and make sure she didn't die in the process. The duke of Weasletown had literally no purpose at all. I don't like this theme Disney has going of "all men are stupid and/or assholes." Not the best cast of characters, but not the worst either.

Animation: It's pretty to look at, I can give it that. I don't like that the characters' skin looks like plastic though.

Soundtrack: I actually enjoy almost every song in this movie. The one exception is Fixer Upper, which sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. Let It Go is phenomenal, even if it doesn't fit very well with the narrative. I take issue with the pacing of the songs, since most of them are in the first half of the film. I also have a big issue with the soundtrack as a whole, since a lot of the songs have very different styles and just don't work together very well. The movie opens with Vuelie and Frozen Heart, which set the tone for an epic and rustic movie tied very close to it's Nordic inspiration, but the rest of the movie doesn't follow through with this expectation, especially with the rest of the soundtrack consisting of pop and Broadway-esque songs.
over a year ago anukriti2409 said…
as most people here have already pointed out why this movie is not so great when compared to other Disney princess movies and i would agree with most opinions here. So let me just point out some things ( can be minor as well) which i absolutely love:

1. True Love isn't only about other gender:
love this biggest point made in the movie. Though have to agree with MaidofOrleans that why didn't Olaf's act of setting up fire count for Anna. But lets leave plotholes aside for a minute. the thought behind is so refreshing.

2. Love at first sight doesn't always turn out to be rosy:
love should be much more than a mere glance! I liked it that the concept of love at first sight was shown in a more real light.

3. Olaf:
i think its one of the most unique characters ever conceptualized. For MaidofOrleans's thought on how Elsa was able to bring him alive with only ice powers, a theoretical answer could be Elsa was building non-living objects with ice so far, so could be that she didn't knew the extent of her powers. And as was shown in the movie that Elsa was also surprised that she created Olaf as she only thought she was creating a dummy snowman.
But that part aside, i really adore Olaf's character. It's cute, fun, funny (without knowing it), emotional, foolish and has lot of potential of being philosophical. After Genie, he's my favourite character!

4: A princess having magical powers:
isn't it cool! Always the villain or some other entity in the other DP movies had magical powers. Of course, Rapunzel being the first to grab the title. So cool is that a main character of the movie, a princess, has magical powers. Though, the concept wasn't realized to its potential. But it opens a whole new canvas of imagination!

5. A villainy prince:
another stereotype break!

6. Songs:
most of the songs have a great message and have beautiful lyrics. I simply love Do you wanna build a snowman! i think its a very under-rated song. Its so openly innocent.

My main issue with the movie is that Disney is trying to do too much in too less a time. Trying to bring in too many new concepts, not giving enough time for each to mature as the plot progresses. And that creates loopholes. And of course, the over-hyped marketing is such a kill.
MaidofOrleans commented…
Totally agree with your first point. It is very refreshing to see different kinds of love being represented. I also like the idea for a villainous prince, I just don't think they executed it well at all. over a year ago
over a year ago scarletunicorn said…
I like the idea of a princess/queen with magical powers having a heroic role. While the execution is clunky at times, I do like what the general idea is.

Let It Go is a great, empowering song. It just fills you up and gives you a power boost and it's probably one of the most promising "character development" song of all times. I just wish Elsa had developed a little bit from then on.