Disney Princess Team Merida!

Disneyfan9648 posted on Feb 23, 2014 at 05:59PM
TEAM MERIDA UNITE!

Hello and welcome you brave people to our forum spot!

Members:
truth76
DBZFAN789
Disneyfan9648
TheFabulousFAN
Annabethandco
fanlovver

Our first order of business is to elect a leader, the first contest starts today so let's get moving! If we want we can elect a vice leader, but let's get a leader first!
TEAM MERIDA UNITE! 

Hello and welcome you brave people to our forum spot! 

Members:
truth76
last edited on Mar 29, 2014 at 11:47PM

Disney Princess 109 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 109

over a year ago Disneyfan9648 said…
I think FabFan should be our leader because she is most active
over a year ago TheFabulousFAN said…
Oh, little old me be our leader stop it, I'm blushing! :D ....but I do nominate myself
Ok! :) so far its unanimous! Since we are getting our first challenge today I say the if the other members haven't voted for a leader in 3 hours you are just automatically named Captain!
over a year ago truth76 said…
I think Disneyfan9648 should be the leader.
Disneyfan9648 commented…
Yeah, maybe DisneyFan should be vice leader! We can choose a vice leader right? Plus you did make the forum and was like "HEY PEOPLE, we need to get to work!" So definitely DisneyFan :)
OK. So I'm vice leader and fabfan is the leader? Right?
Anyway the first competition is up so let's get to it!
big smile
Now we have to make an icon of Merida! Everyone post your icon here and we'll vote for the best one and we'll submit that for the actual contest! The deadline is march 4th so let's post ours here no later than the 3rd so we can vote on one.
last edited over a year ago
My icon sucks....I want to redo it but I guess I have to submit by today, I've just been really busy. Urg! I promise I'll do another one.
My icon sucks....I want to redo it but I guess I have to submit by today, I've just been really busy.
Disneyfan9648 commented…
You don't have to submit it by today! And it looks pretty good! :) over a year ago
Why are we only three, does the others know that they are in Team Merida?
Why are we only three, does the others know that they are in Team Merida?
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I don't know, but it'd be really cool if they started helping us :) over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
You're icon looks great! over a year ago
truth76 commented…
Thanks! over a year ago
over a year ago Annabethandco said…
Hey guys. I'm really sorry to tell you this, but I'm not really spending much time on fanpop these days :( Ergo, I don't feel like I'd be a valued member to this team... I don't want to quit, but I'm just warning I won't be very active. I don't blame you if you want to kick me out, but I DO want to stay.
Hey guys. I'm really sorry to tell you this, but I'm not really spending much time on fanpop these da
TheFabulousFAN commented…
Yes! We need as many players as possible you are VERY needed!!! And thanks for the awesome icon. over a year ago
truth76 commented…
Please stay! Team Merida has very few members. over a year ago
Ok guys - it's time we had a vote on the icon. I think we have only a few more days to submit.... I'll vote for truth76s
truth76 commented…
Thank you so much!!!! over a year ago
I vote for Annabethandco's 2nd icon.
Annabethandco commented…
You are too nice! over a year ago
truth76 commented…
Really? Thank you! over a year ago
Hey guys, I've written at article about Merida please check it out!
Just did I loved it, I wrote an article on Merida too over a year ago
over a year ago Silverrose1991 said…
I'm sorry for meddling in your business, but I think you guys are forgetting something: the team icon must be made by one of the team members, and the icons submitted by Annabethandco were made by Petite Tiaras on tumblr: link

Ok, I'll go now.
Annabethandco commented…
Oh gosh, sorry! I had these saved on my computer and I assumed they were ones I had made.... :( Oops... I've made so many I didn't know. I'll change them now over a year ago
I'm so embarrassed :( Here, I'm SURE this one is mine
I'm so embarrassed :( Here, I'm SURE this one is mine
Don't sweat it, I love this one! :) over a year ago
I vote for Annabethandco's icon
Annabethandco commented…
Really :) Thanks. God I was so embarrassed back there! I have the worst memory in this way over a year ago
I like them, plus everyone makes mistakes :) over a year ago
Annabethandco commented…
I'm just thankful towards Gus (even if he wasn't supposed to be looking in this forum ;)) over a year ago
Ok my last icon...Just for the option
Ok my last icon...Just for the option
Disneyfan9648 commented…
That's really good!! over a year ago
Come on EVERYONE! Has everyone voted? It looks like we are using Annabethandco's icon. Hopefully everyone is sure of their vote state here if it has changed or you have not voted yet. We need active members!
Ok guys I have placed the icon in the forum along with the leadership details.
I'm active I just haven't made my icon yet, I was going to today...
Annabethandco commented…
Oh okay! I'm really sorry I assumed everyone was done, you should still post it! Some people might want to change their votes. over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
and I haven't voted yet either. If I had to vote on the ones uploaded as of now I would vote for fabfans second one. (yours is good too I just like hers more) over a year ago
Well at least we have an icon. I think it will settle nicely. over a year ago
Team Merida: Let's play a game. If you could add one DP character from a DIFFERENT DP film into Brave, who would it be and why?

Mine would be Mulan. I feel she and Merida would be good friends.
Rapunzel, I just think it will be interesting to see the princesses with crazy hair together I imagine they would get along well. over a year ago
truth76 commented…
She and Mulan or she and Elsa. over a year ago
Elsa and Merida
Elsa and Merida
DID SOMEBODY SAY MERIDA AND ELSA!?!
DID SOMEBODY SAY MERIDA AND ELSA!?!
truth76 commented…
I did. over a year ago
over a year ago Emmalou13 said…
big smile
Can I join?
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I would love you to! I'll ask linnea to make sure :) over a year ago
Emmalou13 commented…
Ok thanks! over a year ago
Emmalou13 commented…
Who is Linnea? over a year ago
truth76 commented…
The user "Princecatcher93". over a year ago
Hey everyone! Next challenge is up! We need to write an article on why we love Merida, the team icon and a banner!
DBZFAN789 commented…
OK over a year ago
Ok here's what I suggest for our article: We make it a Montague of all our best bits. For example, I wrote an article a while back expressing 5 reasons why everybody should love Merida
link
and I'd love for that to be included. If anybody else has some text (fanfiction or an article) that should be included too! Crossovers and ALL the icons could be used as well.

Firstly, however, I think we need to get on to the banner and paragraphs explaining why we love Merida. We also need somebody to draw Merida (there's a plan B if nobody wants to!)

P.S. I'd be fine with putting this article together at the end :)
Well, here's my banner. I know it's not very good, but it took FOREVER!
Well, here's my banner. I know it's not very good, but it took FOREVER!
Here's a banner template if anybody else wants to use it!
Here's a banner template if anybody else wants to use it!
Disneyfan9648 commented…
Thank you! :) over a year ago
I need some advice, do you guys think it looks better with or without text?

And btw, I'm starting on my: "Why I love Merida paragraph" and I suggest you guys do the same :)

We also still need somebody to volunteer to draw.
I need some advice, do you guys think it looks better with or without text?

And btw, I'm starting
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I kind of like it better with the text. :) over a year ago
Ok guys! Here's my banner :)
Ok guys! Here's my banner :)
truth76 commented…
Gorgeous! over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
Thank you :) over a year ago
@Disneyfan9648 : You are suppose to add Emmalou13 in the team list.
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I did, but I was looking through and it looked like she had joined some other teams already :/ over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
so I took her off of our list until I figured it whet was going on over a year ago
Why I love Merida:

Some people may disagree with me, but as a teenager, I relate to Merida more than any other princess. Merida isn't portrayed as flawless or overly beautiful, as teenage girls often feel they are expected to be. Merida is realistic and relate-able. When something is bad in Merida's life, she makes a huge effort to CHANGE it. There have been so many times when I've felt helpless in my current situation, that it was only by thinking about Merida that I managed to do something about it. I bet there are many people out there who feel trapped. Merida may give them the inspiration to do something about it.

Still on this groups to-do list:
1. Vote on banners
2. Produce a drawing of Merida (if nobody wants to, I need to know NOW so I can arrange a plan B)
3. Write "Why I love Merida" paragraphs
4. Post any other stuff people want included in the article.
5. Write the actual article.
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I really like your paragraph :) over a year ago
Annabethandco commented…
Thanks! :) When are you posting your own? over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
Not sure, but hopefully soon! over a year ago
Sorry to nag but I need to know if anybody intends to volunteer to draw (I've done one, but it is SO bad so I'm really hoping I don't have to post it). If not, I can ask Linnea, but I should probably ask soon! I would also like to start the banner voting, if you still intend to make one you should probably say soon as well.
I vote for Disneyfan's banner
Disneyfan9648 commented…
Thank you :) I can try and draw one, but there is a very good chance it will be bad over a year ago
I am not good at making banner or writing long article.
^All we need for you is a vote for the banner, and a paragraph explaining why you love Merida. If there are any pictures you want us to use for her that's fine :)
Ok, I had another idea! I thought we could end with something like "Merida is amazing, inspiring, and life-changing. But don't just take our word for it:

Then we could add loads of Disney confessions relating to Merida! I'll post a few examples.
Ok, I had another idea! I thought we could end with something like "Merida is amazing, inspiring, and
:) :)
:) :)
Overall, I have collected seven good one of these :) What do you guys think?

(I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind everybody that you "Why I love Merida paragraphs" and banner votes are due! I'm going to go to plan B about the fan-art/drawings...)
Overall, I have collected seven good one of these :) What do you guys think?

(I'd also like to tak
truth76 commented…
I become very sad/angry if someone talks about my marriage, beacause I don't want to get married. over a year ago
Does anyone have their Article ready state what stage of the article you are in please.
Paragraph* not article. Ok I volunteer to draw since no one else wants to...I can make a banner by tomorrow. Then we need to vote and rap everything up nicely! :) over a year ago
Annabethandco commented…
Yes! Olivia that's great news! over a year ago
over a year ago DBZFAN789 said…
HI IM ON THIS TEAM I HAVE NOT BEN COMING ON BECAUSE OF SCHOOL
Great! If you could start on a Merida banner I would appreciate it! :) next write a paragraph on why you like Merida and you are all done. Can you do that for the team? over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
WELL WELCOME I HOPE YOU CAN HELP US OUT! :) over a year ago
Annabethandco I think the confession idea is great! Seven might be a bit too much to put in the article, but we should definitely use a couple! :)
Ok! To keep the voting for the banners (not now but when we do) we should just make one post and then comment On that so it easy to tally and we can see who hasn't voted, instead of everyone making individual posts that are all speed out and unorganized :)
Why I love Merida?

Merida shows bravery and teaches us that we do not need a man. She is also wise to understand, what to do with her mother when she turns into a bear. She wasn't prepared for marriage that's why she tried very hard to stop it. She didn't know what was going to happen if her mother eats the cake. When she realized that she made mistakes, she apologized for it; teaching us one more thing "Your choice is not always the perfect choice."
Annabethandco commented…
Good job! over a year ago
truth76 commented…
Thank you! over a year ago
Why I love Merida

Merida is a fiesty, smart and loving young girl. She knows exactly what wants and she is smart enough to figure out how to do it. She was irrational ad immature in the beginning of the movie, but she quickly realised her mistake and tried to fix it. She blamed it on the witch at first, but then realised that it was her own fault and even went about fixing the other tribes. She was heartbroken when her mom could not be changed back. I have a strong conection with my family, and seeing how she reacted broke my heart. Merida teaches us that you don't have to find true love until you are ready, that you should listen to your parents and that you can't always be right. :)
Annabethandco commented…
Great! over a year ago
Fabfan, we need your paragraph, the drawing and a banner if you want to make one ASAP!

Annabethandco, are you putting together the article? We need to do that ASAP as well

DBZFAN we need your paragraph too, if you don't turn one in we can't put it in the article
Annabethandco commented…
Yes, I am. I'll start work on it tomorrow. BUT GUYS WE NEED BANNER VOTES!!! over a year ago
over a year ago DBZFAN789 said…
I love Merida because she does all the things that a princess wouldn't do. She doesn't care what anybody thinks of her. Her decision not to get married so young was a right one. She did not want to be controlled for the rest of her life. Merida's characteristics, feisty, tough, and adventurous captivate me so much when watching Brave.

I like how Merida was amazing at archery. It is an impressive skill. The fact that she was so dedicated to it really was amazing. Sure, Merida has made some wrong decisions but doesnt everyone? She learned from her mistake.
Most importantly, she teaches us to never give up and that we should never allow anything or anyone to get in the way of our goals. Merida will always be an amzing Disney Princess to me.
DBZFAN789 commented…
i will also try to get the drawing done by today or tommorow. over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
That's really good!! Thank you! I can't wait to see your drawing! over a year ago
Guys, I'm putting the article together tomorrow so we still need banner votes!
truth76 commented…
I vote for Disneyfan9648. over a year ago
Update: The article is ready, but we still need
- A drawing
- Banner votes (Although I am probably just going to close this and put Disneyfan's in ;))
- Fabfan's paragraph
- ANYTHING ELSE YOU WERE HOPING TO BE INCLUDED (Icons, facts, stories, crossovers etc)

I'm going to make Wednesday the cut off date.

Come on guys, we can do this! :D
Disneyfan9648 commented…
Oh, thank you! I'm glad to hear how good the article is coming along! If I can make a suggestion for it after seeing team poca's entry I say make it more story like and not so separated. Instead of having our names next to our paragraph just say FabulousFan said ... And when you do the confessions say, we're not the only ones who think this look at these: I think you were planning on that I just wanted to make sure because I feel like the flow of the article will be better. And also have the pictures after the confessions. I just feel like the flow will be better. over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
That was really long, but you don't have to do what I said :) it's just some suggestions over a year ago
Guys I'm ready to publish the article. I really need co-operation on this we HAVE to have a drawing :(

Disneyfan9648 I've tried to make it flow as much as possible, but do to the nature of the article, it is always going to be a little choppy.
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I know :) I just want it to be as smooth as possible, I know it's going to be choppy and I know your making it as good as it can be :) over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
DBZfan said he would make a drawing, but I don't know where he is so I'll try and make one over a year ago
cool
We've got a good chance at winning this one! Let's go team!
Annabethandco commented…
You are going to do the drawing? THAT'S FANTASTIC :D over a year ago
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I'll try :p over a year ago