Disney Princess Why you ship them

sailorshipping posted on Jan 29, 2014 at 11:46PM
This is a forum, for why you ship a certain couple, or crossover. Enjoy!

Disney Princess 26 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago prussiaducky said…
Belle and Elsa

Because hot and cold are both so intense, put em together and it just makes sense!
Belle and Elsa

Because hot and cold are both so intense, put em together and it just makes sense!
shanyuisboss commented…
..... over a year ago
MacytheStrange commented…
YES over a year ago
coolsinger198 commented…
i agree so much too! over a year ago
over a year ago Annabethandco said…
Aurora and Hercules. Just because they are both so sweet :)
Aurora and Hercules. Just because they are both so sweet :)
ajotma commented…
They're cute! over a year ago
over a year ago Tygers_Eye said…
I like the idea of Elsa and Jack Frost. They're both lonely souls with ice powers that they want to use to share with the world and make other people happy. She's spent her whole life hiding in fear, shutting people out even though she wants to be with them, and "be the good girl [she] always has to be." Her entire life, she's had to put on a show. Jack spent most of his life invisible to others, trying to get noticed, and desperately wanting to connect, share his gift, and have fun with others.

Pre-character development:

Kind of like how Tiana is all work and Naveen is all play, Elsa's all responsibility and Jack is no responsibility. In his words, she's "all hard work and deadlines" while he's "all snow and fun times." Because she longs to be accepted and use her powers freely without hurting anyone, and the cold (obviously) doesn't bother him, I think he can provide the fun and companionship she craves. Because he ultimately wants to use his powers to make people's lives happier (when he's not being a mischievous trickster, that is. ;P) and find a purpose in life, he can find joy and companionship in her company.

Post-character development:

Though they both grow as people and get what they want in the end (she learns to control her powers and is accepted by the kingdom, children can see him and he accepts his responsibilities as Guardian) I still think they could love and get along with each other. They would complete each other's already happy lives, not be the one good part in an otherwise lonely existence.

I kind of feel like they'd make a good couple.
last edited over a year ago
I like the idea of Elsa and Jack Frost. They're both lonely souls with ice powers that they want to u
purplerose17 commented…
OMG I ship Jelsa so much it pains me!!! over a year ago
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I'm not a Jelsa fan. I'm more of a sister/brother relationship. :3 over a year ago
rigo1315 commented…
I love this, but History will always ruin it for me and that comparison of Princess and the Frog was :3 fantastic!! over a year ago
over a year ago CRaZy_rawR said…
Here are my top three favorite couples. I'll go into detail why later
1. Kayley/Miguel
2. Rapunzel/Pitch
3. Tarzan/Anastasia
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
over a year ago disneygirl7 said…
I ship Merricup so hard it's not even funny. I mean like THEY BE MATCHES MADE IN HEAVENNNNNN. Screw that Astrid. I hate her. (I don't mean anonheart998, BTW. I love our Astrid.)
I ship Merricup so hard it's not even funny. I mean like THEY BE MATCHES MADE IN  HEAVENNNNNN. Screw
Tygers_Eye commented…
Interesting, why this pairing? Merida is so athletic, hot-blooded, bowstring-happy, etc. Hiccup is so quiet, introverted, brainy, tinkering, etc. Do you think there's enough common ground for them to get along rather than just getting on each other's nerves because they have nothing in common? over a year ago
Tygers_Eye commented…
I'm legitimately curious because I've been thinking this pairing over, but so far I just don't see it. I'm sure there's something shippers do see that I don't, which is why I'm asking. ^_^; over a year ago
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Merricup doe. ❤ over a year ago
When I first heard Ariel x Jim had a large following, I was literally taken aback.

After seeing all the fan art, I kind of get it. Ariel is a mermaid that falls in love with the first handsome human she sees, and Jim is a handsome human that has a high sea adventure (in space!). Honestly, if the plot and characters of Treasure Planet took place in the same setting of the original book or his mom's inn was located on earth with the "moon" replaced by the space station his adventure takes off in, I think it's very likely that Ariel could see, fall for, and give up her world to be part of Jim's.

Personality-wise, I think they're rather compatible. They're the kind of opposites that can attract and complement each other. Jim is kind of a dour loner while Ariel's a happy, perky girl. Kind of like Morphy, I think she can get him to smile, laugh, and have fun, while he can show her the stars (literally) and the human world she craves. His solar sailing hobby would also feed her thrill-seeking tendencies.

More than that, I think they can challenge and bring out the best in each other. Because I think he's more developed, interesting, complex, and intelligent than Eric, I think Jim could challenge and push Ariel. He wouldn't just let her have her way all the time like Flounder and Eric, he could make her think, question, grow, and realize that other people have opinions, interests, and problems too. Likewise, again, she could show him that life doesn't have to be a meaningless chore. (Granted, he learns that with Silver over the film too, but still...) Even post-character development, I think Jim could like Ariel.

Plus, when you copy-paste their pictures together, I think they have amazing chemistry.
When I first heard Ariel x Jim had a large following, I was literally taken aback. 

After seeing a
purplerose17 commented…
That was quite a good explanation! I haven't seen Treasure Planet but they sure look cute together! over a year ago
Tygers_Eye commented…
0.0 You haven't seen Treasure Planet?? But you must! As soon as you can! It's a fun, creative, clever movie, and has a lot of touching moments! over a year ago
purplerose17 commented…
It's on Netflix and I want to see it but I never seem to have time! over a year ago
Sorry for the in-coming photo spam, but in my quest to find the perfect photo to go with my above post on Jim x Ariel, I found a bunch of pictures that, strung together, almost tell a story. If we combine the plot of the two movies (Ariel seeing, falling in love with, becoming human for, and staying with Jim, then Ariel joining Jim on his adventure to Treasure Planet) these series of photos help tell why I like this couple so much. What great chemistry I think they have and how cute (and sometimes funny) I think their interactions could be.

So, this photo spamming does serve a purpose. It's not just me taking up tons of space.

First Sight (P.S. court-ordered community service on a historically accurate old ship sucks, don't it Jim?):
Sorry for the in-coming photo spam, but in my quest to find the perfect photo to go with my above pos
Ariel's "Part of Your World" Reprise, if it was about Jim.
Ariel's "Part of Your World" Reprise, if it was about Jim.
Ariel being found and taken back to his mother's inn, where she proceeds to get excited over every human object she sees, while dour Jim and his harried mother are too emotionally tired for her enthusiasm.
Ariel being found and taken back to his mother's inn, where she proceeds to get excited over every hu
Ariel getting properly dressed and seeing the human world properly for the first time, and Jim (who's seen it already) being not as thrilled.
Ariel getting properly dressed and seeing the human world properly for the first time, and Jim (who's
After Billy Bones crash-lands on their doorstep, leaves Jim the orb, and the pirates come and destroy the inn, Jim and his mother are devastated because they lost everything over an orb they know nothing about. Ariel feels sympathy for him and curiosity over the orb, and Jim allows her to rest her hand on it despite his sorrow. (Forget that Ariel's a mermaid in his pic, focus more on the expressions and character interactions.)
After Billy Bones crash-lands on their doorstep, leaves Jim the orb, and the pirates come and destroy
Jim and Ariel spending time on the ship during the voyage to Treasure Planet. Jim slowly becoming more responsive to Ariel's cheerful enthusiasm. Jim starting to see the fun in his human world because of all the good she sees in it.
Jim and Ariel spending time on the ship during the voyage to Treasure Planet. Jim slowly becoming mor
Jim and Ariel spending more time on the ship, over the voyage. Jim becoming more charmed with Ariel's endearing personality, and getting amused by her getting started by a surprise appearance/transformation by cute little Morphy.
Jim and Ariel spending more time on the ship, over the voyage. Jim becoming more charmed with Ariel's
Jim somehow finds the time or opportunity to take per solar sailing (probably with a stolen lifeboat) and the two start to bond as he takes her out for a good time. For the first time, Ariel has found someone more into adventure than her.
Jim somehow finds the time or opportunity to take per solar sailing (probably with a stolen lifeboat)
Over the course of the voyage, Jim and Ariel start to fall in love.
Over the course of the voyage, Jim and Ariel start to fall in love.
Silver and the crew reveal their true colors, and Jim glares and defies Silver as he also protects Ariel.
Silver and the crew reveal their true colors, and Jim glares and defies Silver as he also protects Ar
Final confrontation on the titular Treasure Planet. I guess at some point Ariel's clothes got destroyed or she got injured somehow. (Probably on impact when they crash-landed on the planet. I'm sure B.E.N. whipped that up for her.) Again, Jim confronts Silver while also protecting Ariel.

(P.S. Silver's not completely evil though and does care for Jim, and I think Ariel would recognize it and help Jim realize it too. I know he does anyway in the actual film, but still...)
Final confrontation on the titular Treasure Planet. I guess at some point Ariel's clothes got destroy
The Kiss of True Love after the conflict's over. Every Disney romance has one.
The Kiss of True Love after the conflict's over. Every Disney romance has one.
Wedding photo.
Wedding photo.
The two returning to his mom's Admiral Benbow Inn after it's been fixed up. Jim has cleaned up his act, Ariel is a human for good, they're happy together, and they're ready to face the future together.
The two returning to his mom's Admiral Benbow Inn after it's been fixed up. Jim has cleaned up his ac
There, I hope that photo spamming wasn't too bad. Again, this thread topic is to explain why we ship a crossover couple, and those photos help to illustrate why I like Ariel and Jim. Again, I feel like if both their stories were combined, it would not only make a great story, but a great love story. I feel that Ariel would like Jim from first sight (like she did with Eric), while Jim would find Ariel annoying at first but warm up to her over time. I feel they would have many cute interactions, and grow as people. I think she would become more compassionate and understanding of others, and he would become the kind of man he wants to be in loving and protecting her. (As well as taking guidance from Silver like in the actual film.)

So, there you have it. This is why I ship this bizarre crossover couple.
There, I hope that photo spamming wasn't too bad. Again, this thread topic is to explain why we ship
over a year ago prinelsa said…
Jackunzel...because there're so adorable!Jack's mischievious and Rapunzel's innocent.I can imagine Rapunzel being the only girl not head-over-heels for Jack and instead beating him up.Sorry,I wrote a paragraph on Jackunzel five minutes ago and don't feel like repeating myself.
over a year ago prinelsa said…
Janna because Anna is so awkward and I can imagine her screwing something up and Jack laughing at her in the background.
Elsanna.*dodges knives*Oh come on,that's the second time I've done that on fanpop!Anyway this couple has a lot of depth and too much for me to sum it up in 2 sentences so I'll get back to it later.I'm not done,my pretties...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA­!
Hicanna because like janna,Anna is so awkward and Hiccup is so cynical.But....dundundun....Hiccup is awkward too!But he's also sarcastic.Sarcasm and awkwardness and clumsiness vs even more awkwardness and clumsiness...
Elsa and Pitch because they also have a lot of depth that I really don't feel like going into a three-page essay on.So that's two three-page essays I will write later.
over a year ago rigo1315 said…
John Rolfe X Belle

Rolfe looks like Human Beast so for the sake of crossovers I will dive down deep with this ship.
John Rolfe X Belle

Rolfe looks like Human Beast so for the sake of crossovers I will dive down dee
over a year ago rigo1315 said…
Milo X Jane

They are a cute nerdy couple I love it!!
Milo X Jane

They are a cute nerdy couple I love it!!
over a year ago ajotma said…
I think Snow White and Kristoff would be cute because Kristoff has a rugged exterior but a gentle interior, and Snow is also very gentle. Snow White would probably love Sven, and Kristoff also loves animals.

*edit isn't very good but whatever*
I think Snow White and Kristoff would be cute because Kristoff has a rugged exterior but a gentle int