LupinPrincess commented…
Beautiful! over a year ago
over a year ago anonheart998 said…
big smile
SHE'S MY FAVORITEEEE <3
last edited over a year ago
SHE'S MY FAVORITEEEE <3
over a year ago Silverrose1991 said…
Yeah, the level of Merida hate here is ridiculous.
over a year ago disneygirl7 said…
But you know every single Princess gets hate once in a while, but the Merida hate level here seems to be higher than any other Princess.
Go Merida <3
But you know every single Princess gets hate once in a while, but the Merida hate level here seems to
dclairmont commented…
LOOK AT DAT ANIMATION over a year ago
dclairmont commented…
This movie is so beautiful over a year ago
disneygirl7 commented…
The animation is beautiful! I know I'll be bashed for this, but I think Brave has better animation than Frozen. Because, after all, Brave is Pixar. over a year ago
over a year ago THEDisneyFreak said…
Okay, so I was thinking we could make a support team...yeah I know. No, Jennifer, no. But still, I don't like the hatred lying down on her, nothing is wrong with her
anonheart998 commented…
Awesome idea. :) GO TEAM MERIDA! over a year ago
over a year ago dclairmont said…
Lately I've been noticing that Merida hate here is as low as ever. More and more people seem to be having her high on their lists, and not as many people have her as low. I do agree that Merida hate is still pretty high though...
over a year ago CRaZy_rawR said…
Murrida has purrrty hurrr.
Murrida has purrrty hurrr.
dclairmont commented…
Favorite shot of her <3 over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
She's pretty in every scene imo :) over a year ago
Okay, so who ever wants to be on this support team, um....I haven't worked the details out but um, just sign your ID name?
anonheart998 commented…
You mean our real name or our username? over a year ago
THEDisneyFreak commented…
User name, I don't want anyone giving there actual name out (My real name isn't actually Jennifer) over a year ago
MaidofOrleans commented…
~MaidofOrleans over a year ago
over a year ago sisi_st said…
I LOVE Merida
I LOVE Merida
over a year ago LupinPrincess said…
Merida is my favorite too!
Merida is my favorite too!
over a year ago Tygers_Eye said…
I do love Merida's determination. The intensity of her archery scene still gives me chills. <3

Okay, so far annonheart998
LupinPrincess
Disneygirl7
We need more! Keep 'em coming! (Did I really just say "'em?")
Okay, so far annonheart998
                    LupinPrincess 
                    Disneygirl7 
We
We just had another signature but it's not popping up so we have four signatures so far.
over a year ago Tygers_Eye said…
I've kind of avoided liking Merida because she's so similar to Ariel, and I'm... not as fond of Ariel. It seems hypocritical to forgive the same vices in Merida that I can't bring myself to do for Ariel, or to support her and not the other.

However... I've noticed that Ariel is one of the most beloved princesses on this site (and everywhere, really) whereas Merida is one of the most hated. I've also noticed that many of the same vices and mistakes that people defend and forgive for Ariel, they condemn in Merida. This... honestly makes me scratch my head. While some support their arguments very well (like Silverrose explaining how Ariel only tries to change herself while Merida tries to change her mum), for the most part I kind of feel like there are... double-standards at play.

I don't know, I'm sure plenty of people have legitimate reasons to dislike Merida that have nothing to do with Ariel, and many people probably dislike them both. However, the more I see people bash Merida, and the more I explain why I'm not fond of whatever princess for whatever reason more than Merida, the more I find that she has bigger virtues and problems than many people give her credit for.

I'll have to rewatch Brave and a few other movies, but since Merida seems to have so few fans and supporters, I'd like to add my voice to one of the few speaking up for her.
prussiaducky commented…
YES! over a year ago
over a year ago Annabethandco said…
It's always annoyed me when Merida's at the bottom of every countdown :( She's called ugly, selfish, bratty. I like the idea of this group
It's always annoyed me when Merida's at the bottom of every countdown :( She's called ugly, selfish,
prussiaducky commented…
Me too. over a year ago
over a year ago prussiaducky said…
Who else has Merida high in their pretty list?
THEDisneyFreak commented…
She's my fourth. over a year ago
MaidofOrleans commented…
She's my second!!! over a year ago