Disney Princess The movie Enchanted

Jillywinkles posted on Feb 29, 2008 at 03:50AM
Is Giselle seriously being considered for being a Disney Princess? And if so, why?

I saw the movie and I got the impression that the movie was referencing all the famous princess movies, not trying to become a new one.

I also thought it was really not that good of a movie, much less a classic of any kind.
save

Disney Princess 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago brucas4ever said…
i just saw it yesterday... it was really funny.. but i don't think that she is a princess...
over a year ago kateliness2 said…
I thought that it was a pretty adorable movie... but she had better not become an official Disney Princess. That would make me very angry. She's supposed to be a mixture of all the other princesses with a different type of happy ending, not one of them.
over a year ago dazl said…
I answered this question before...

Giselle is not considered a Disney Princess by Disney, because they would have to pay lifelong rights to Amy Adams for the image of Giselle. And Disney won't do that, since they already have a whole pantheon of Disney Princesses.
over a year ago Katieness101 said…
There is no way that Giselle is going to be a disney princess. I agree, she is a copy of all the other princesses combined and this movie is no age old story. This is all new. Animated is the way to go... ALL animated. I saw the movie and it was cute, but it doesn't hold anything to the other princesses.
If you notice in the movie, these are the things that got to me...
Outfit her true love was wearing:Prince Eric
Stagecoach and losing the shoe: Cinderella
Talking n singing n cleaning with animals: S. White
etc...
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago aubzstar said…
When she's looking at the fishtank, they play part of part of your world.
When she's cleaning the house, when she scrubs the floor and there are bubbles - Cinderella.
Poison Apple/True Love's Kiss- Snow White (kinda Sleeping Beauty)
Riding off into sunset (during animated part)- Snow White
Old Hag- S.White

Idk what else...
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
shes not a CLASSIC disney princess though. lets just say she is a 'modern princess'
over a year ago LisaForde said…
i love enchanted ,although its a spoof of all the disney princess movies ,but hey i love it how she falls for a real life person and not a prince. its chessy ,romantic and good.plus i see nothing wrong with the ending and the cast is great despite the fact there old like from 30 something -61 . anyway great flick and its a shame to not hate it , as i say you gotta love it or hate it !!!!!!!!!. 10 stars for me anyway , despite the fact that
1. robert had the same outfit as the beast
2. giselle looked more like ariel but with snow white's sweetness.
3. robert looked like prince eirc and 20th century fox's dimtri.
4. the finale was like sleeping beauty with the dragon and giselle is the heroine.
5. shes caught in a love triangle with a fictional prince and a real life man who she picks in the end.
6. the kiss between him and her was like ariel and eirc.
7. narissa looked like malficent from sleeping beauty.
8. edward looked like gaston and nancy looked kinda like vanessa meets belle.
9. she designed clothes just like cinderella and sleeping beauty .
10. the ballroom scene was like cinderella, sleeping beauty, beauty and the beast, and the little mermaid( where robert lifts giselle in the air and spirals her down again).

thats my top ten spoofs i found in the movie but i love it so fuckin much
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago LisaForde said…
and i don't give two damns if im childish or not cause i love disney movies!!!!!!!!!!!