Carrie Underwood Carrie-new forum.

valleym posted on Sep 29, 2013 at 05:30PM
Hey everyone,I am here, and hoping to see everyone else soon.

Carrie Underwood 47 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago thistime15 said…
I'm here too! :D
We'll have to get a new voting thread going here too! As Brenda said on the old board, we've got the AMAs, PCAs, and ACAs coming up!
valleym commented…
Yes I agree, we do need a new voting thread, but I really don't know how to set things up. I am computer illeterate. I am serious, when it comes to doing things on the computer, I can't do much. I am glad we found a place to continue doing what we can for Carrie and keep up with each other. over a year ago
thistime15 commented…
We'll figure something out for sure! and I actually like the layout over here..it's pretty cool! and easy to read :D over a year ago
over a year ago woodysden said…
hey valley, its me woody. I`m the same way. I don`t type well either I hope micarrie comes and does all that.I would be lost without you all keeping me informed. This is the first time I`ve been able to figure out how to communicate on one of these boards. I`m actually excited!!
valleym commented…
I had just started posting a little on GAC and loved everyone over on carries forum, and it was always up to date and no negativity. I hope everyone shows up over here and we can keep up with all things Carrie and keep it peaceful. Nice to meet you, Valerie over a year ago
over a year ago carrietx said…
Hi, guys. I'm here and will attempt to bring over a couple of threads later.
Hi,carrietx. My friends call me woody. I`m glad you showed up.As I told Valerie I`m not very good at this but I will do my best to help support Carrie and her fans. Hope more people come and join us.
over a year ago sd20 said…
I am here and glad to see a few others! Hope more will come over!
over a year ago Carriefan1 said…
I'm here too!
over a year ago suellen12 said…
I'm here.
over a year ago dkobli said…
Hi everyone. I finally had time to get on board. Interesting!!!!
Oh, by the way. It's Carin. Not very good at this. Proud that I got this far!!!
over a year ago gin5 said…
Iam from GAC to. glad to see alot of you.sure glad we have this forum to keep in touch and up to date on carrie.does anyone no how to bring all the voting over here? I tryed saving from GAC to my favorites but when I cliked on it to vote I got a blank.nothing.
I don't know how gin5. I know carrietx posted the tv/radio appearance schedule here so I know she knows how but not sure she is able to help us out here now. I wish we could hear from her.
over a year ago valleym said…
I wish I knew how to set up voting and bring stories here about Carrie, but I am useless on doing those things. I just know how to write and post a comment. I am glad to see you all here and hoping to see others. Saw where Micarrie had posted on cmt under Carries video "See You Again". I hope we will see her here. I hope you all are having a good day. Be back soon.
me to sd20 said, the sooner the better. getting behind on voting.anyone no where Brenda is she fromGAC and knows how to do this I think. she is smart when it comes to computers. I don't no how to do this, am not to smart with computers.I can laugh now but it took me for ever to just get here I really like it so far.
I am off tomorrow, so I will work on the voting thread tomorrow night. However, it sounds like I may get suspended if I try to post links?? Guess we'll find out. In the meantime, I will check to see if carritex or Brenda emailed me.
thanks thistime15, that sure would be great if you could do this.
Also, Brenda wanted me to let you all know she is unable to sign into this site. It won't let her. She has tried multiple times. Same with carrietx. They are working on another site though with Sunlover and sharkbait. Will keep you all updated!
over a year ago MIcarrie said…
I finally got on, yay~~!!
valleym commented…
so glad to see you here!! over a year ago
So happy I finally got on, will bring a voting page over.
I am here, don't know if I will be able to stay.
Thanks so much thistime15 for the update and so happy to see you Micarrie . Sure hope you can stay on and hoping that carrietx can get back on too. Yes Micarrie we need that voting page. I am so behind! Thanks! :-)
Takes thread away when I post it.
over a year ago pollypatches said…
They must just want us to communicate here & not do our voting from here. I'm glad to see so many people here.
Well at least we can talk to each other, until someone can find or set up some other site. I do miss the voting threads and stories on Carrie. At least we can keep up with each other. I had not been on GAC fan forum until July, but just reading everyones post and everything else I had come to think of all of you as friends. I went on gac yesterday just to look around and they have changed some things, but it just did not seem the same. Oh well hopefully someone can get something set up to vote and post stories and for now we can keep up with each other. Hope you all have a great day and I will check in later.
sd20 commented…
Agree with you valleym! :-) over a year ago
I had a very hard time getting on here also. the prove human was where I was goofing up at to make the comfrim to work. so maybe Brenda and carrietx might try that. I hope they can get on here soon.
do you mean all of out voting page on GAC can't be put on here. oh no that would be awful now what do we do?
I saw this over on carrie fan site and I hope I don't get into any trouble for putting this here.
Carrie Underwood didn’t intend to be a pioneer in country music, but that seems to be the path she is taking. The songstress is one of a few females who have found consistent success at country radio, but she says that’s all about to change.

“I would love to see that a little more equaled out, but it will happen,” Underwood tells CMT about the male-dominated charts. “We’ll get there.”

Indeed, of the top 25 songs on Billboard’s country chart, only Taylor Swift and Cassadee Pope have secured spots (at No. 21 and 25, respectively), while Miranda Lambert’s duet with Keith Urban, ‘We Were Us’ is at No. 16, and Blake Shelton‘s ‘Boys ‘Round Here,’ which includes guest vocals by the Pistol Annies, is at No. 19.

Thankfully, it seems radio isn’t necessarily an indicator of how well women are doing in country music overall. The nominees for the 47th annual CMA Awards include plenty of women in the all-genre categories, including Swift for Entertainer of the Year, Kacey Musgraves for New Artist of the Year, and Underwood, Swift and Musgraves all vying for Album of the Year.

But while Underwood might be the shining light in this era of country music, she says the credit really goes to artists like Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn, who paved the path for other female artists.

“I think it took all those people to pave that for us,” she says. “I still think we have a long way to go.”

Underwood’s latest single, ‘See You Again,’ landed at the top of the charts. She is currently spending time in New York city, rehearsing for the live televised performance of ‘The Sound of Music,’ which will air on NBC on Dec. 5.
valleym commented…
Thank you for sharing this with us!! over a year ago
Thanks gin5 for sharing this! :-)
Oh I meant to tell you all that it is so great to see so many of you here!!
I am glad that I could do this.and also I am happy that everyone is coming over here it sure means alot.
are any of you Loretta Lynn, fans? I just heard the duet between Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn called somewhere between it was awsome I cried. you guys need to hear it. it is over on carrie underwood fans.org, go into 47th awards on page 98 I believe.
OOPS! I lied I didn't see it on carrie fan site, just checked to make sure, its on cmt right at top where they have those sliding pictures going by just click on Willie or Loretta.
Hi everyone. I've been busy. We're redoing our bathroom, it is stripped down to the studs. Doesn't that sound like fun?? I have felt lost since GAC did away with the boards!! How is everyone??
valleym commented…
Sounds like lots of fun (just kidding). I am feeling lost, too, I don't know what to do without the GAC boards. I just keep coming here and checking to see if anyone has figured out what to do. I do like being able to talk to everyone that has come over here. I hope you are having a good day and I guess I will check back later to see what is going on. over a year ago
dkobli commented…
Hopefully someone will be able to set up soon!!! So glad this didn't happen when we were requesting SYA!! It may have messed up #1!!! over a year ago
I know what your saying dkobli, we remodeled our bathroom a couple years back and went down to the studs, and it was messy and a lot of work and expensive BUT the end result made it all worth it so hope it's the same for you! Valleym I am with you feeling lost and checking here and my email everyday and hoping to see some news on a plan. I appreciate so much those who are trying to figure something out and wish I was more knowledgeable and could help. Have a wonderful day! :-)
dkobli commented…
Thanks sd20 for giving me some hope on the bathroom!! We took out the walls because the paint kept peeling. I guess someone used the wrong paint at some point. Well, we are starting over now!! Your right it is messy!!! Plus this is our only full bath. Heading over to my sisters for a shower. Ugh!! over a year ago
What happened to everyone? Let me know if you all found somewhere else to go. I hope everybody's doing ok.
Hi Valerie,it`s me Woody. I had some dental work Thursday so haven`t really been online. It looks like we were all active for a while but suddenly got pretty quiet. I know Carrie was suppose to move to New York last week. Haven`t heard anything new. bye for now!
over a year ago tld7150 said…
Spending some time each day on building a site for us...it is more involved that I thought but I am far from throwing in the towel.
sd20 commented…
That's great! Thanks, tld7150. :-) over a year ago
valleym commented…
So wonderful to hear that. Let me know when you get it finished. I would offer to help, but I know NOTHING about computers. I miss everyone. over a year ago
over a year ago elaine72 said…
I finally figured out how to get on here. Glad to see everyone.
sd20 commented…
Glad you're here elaine72! :-) over a year ago
valleym commented…
Welcome elaine72. over a year ago
dkobli commented…
Hi elaine72, glad you made it !! over a year ago
Hi everyone. I'm still here but very busy!! I check here though to see what is new. We took a trip to my son's for my grandaughters birthday party. Had lots of fun. We're still remodeling the bathroom. Finally have everything picked out. Just waiting till it's done, can't wait!!! Take care Y'all !!
sd20 commented…
Hi dkobli, glad all is well! I check in here too for any news on a new site or on Carrie! :-) over a year ago
Hi elaine72, glad to see you here.
valleym commented…
It looks like alot of people aren't going to be coming back here. I can understand because we can't get a voting thread and all the other things we had at gac forum. I do miss it and everybody there. If anyone gets a new site going, please let me know by e-mailing me at valleym51@hotmail.com. I am still going to come here and see what is going on. Love, Valerie over a year ago
dkobli commented…
Please let me know if there is a new site. My e-mail is, debbiekobli@att.net, thanks alot!! Take care. over a year ago
Well, this place fizzled out fast. I would truly love for someone to let me know if you have a new site. I really enjoyed having you all to talk to at gac forum and miss you all very much. God bless you all and wish all of you the best.
Hello Valleym ! It`s me Woody.well my name is Terry but my friends call me Woody. I don`t know where everyone is. I check in once and a while but nothing seems to be happening. I read they were creating a new site, but I haven`t heard if it`s ready. I hope they let us all know. bye for now!
I too check in to see if there is anything new and just to stay in touch with even the few that are here. Some of us exchanged emails before GAC closed but I haven't heard from anyone. I heard that a couple were working on a new site but don't know how that is going. Maybe I will try and email a couple people and see if I can get any info. If I do I will let people know here and please do the same if any of you find out anything. Sure do miss everyone from GAC board!

last edited over a year ago
dkobli commented…
Hi sd20. Just checking in. Glad to see some people still here, but anxious to hear about new site. Miss everyone. Have you been voting for AMA awards? I have. Talk to you later, heading out to evercise!! over a year ago
Where is everyone?? Is there a new site?? I feel so lost!!!
valleym commented…
I feel so lost, too. I come here every once in a while to see if there is a new site people might have set up for us, but haven't heard anything. If you do find out anything please email me at valleym51@hotmail.com. Thanks, Valerie over a year ago
Hi Valerie It`s me Terry. I check in Most days and nothing seems to be happening. I try to post when I find any new news. Nice to know some are still out there !!! Bye for now!
valleym commented…
Hey Terry. I am really glad to hear from you. Please continue to check in here like I do and hopefully if I get any new news, or you do we can share it. I truly hope you have a really great day. I hope to hear from you again soon. over a year ago
over a year ago cantstopsinging said…
i am proudly here
I got a message from carrietx a couple weeks ago and her and the other person that she is working with on a new site have had much going on and haven't been able to work on it lately but they are not giving up and still intend to carry on with it. In the meantime we can just chat on here when we can. Looking forward to Nov.6 th which is right around the corner and of course SOM a few weeks after that. Also some of us are on the Carrie-fan forum and can get information from there too. Hope all is well with everyone :-)
It's actually carriefans.com. Like I said some others from GAC and VH1 are also there and can get updated news on Carrie!
valleym commented…
Thank you so much for the information. I will go and check out carriefans.com when I get off of here. I am excited about the CMAs and SOM. I know Carrie is going to do great in the SOM. She sang the "Sound of Music" and it was beautiful. I love her duet with Willie Nelson. Like I said, thank you for the info, and have a great day! over a year ago