Bones Fox too Republican?

vee22 posted on Oct 24, 2008 at 02:07AM
I was trying to get one of my friends to start watching Bones because I thought she would like it, but then she said she doesn't like watching Fox because their too republican!
I was like "whaaa nooo..."
then I thought about it and realized there aren't alot of diverse shows or episodes on the station.
which makes me wish there would be more Bones episodes with more diversity, like gay characters and what not. I'm not gay, i just wanna see some diversity and quirky character interaction ya know?

Bones 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago beaver2010 said…
That is complete and utter crap. every other news channel is completely liberal democrat. Conservative republicans have to have at least one channel on their side. Firstly, Dr. Brennan on Bones is full of diversity. Her ability to handle situations is quite out of the norm. The focus of the show is not to be diverse, but to have a well thought out and interesting story line. They don't have to go out of their way to be diverse. That's not the point of the show. I'm not agianst being gay, but not every show has to have a gay character in it. It tends to get overbearing in all the other popular shows. So in that point, Bones is more diverse than the other crap that your friend is watching. It doesn't completely go out on a limb, its logical. You don't have to be completely ridiculous to entertain viewers. Tell your friend to think of the shows she watches and ask her how many shows she watches are completely liberal. She hints at wanting diversity, but you don't even show diversity in your own television choices.
over a year ago vee22 said…
Whoa whoa i wasn't calling Bones or any show on fox too conservative per se, just not liberal. and thats totally fine, Most of their shows are about crime fighting and all that, so theres no need for diverse characters in most of them. Just made a point about Bones needing a permanent diverse character. I know Angelas old gf is making an appearence in a show or soemthing, but thats just for one episode.
over a year ago VampireGirl said…
Umm, can I cut in?

Look, its a crime show. permanent diverse characters arent really needed. in there own way, they are all diverse. i mean you have a 'party girl', a veteran fbi guy, a stubborn genius with no people skills, a conspiracy theorist, a gorgeous woman from new york and an "insane" murderer. besides, I dont think you need diverse people permanently on the show, you get quite a bit from the victims and stuff. even just recently in The He in the She. and i mean, diversity isnt required. its good to have when you want better ratings from a wider audience, but in some cases, you can only add so much. i mean, all the shows these days have gay characters and stuff, why add to the list just to be recognized by some people who only care about whether the show is democratic or not. and thats just my opinion, so dont get pissy please
over a year ago vee22 said…
Alright i get it, i stuck my foot in my big blabby liberal mouth :p
There are alot of protests going on at my school over liberal and conservative issues so i guess i put too much notice into my tv shows.