Apple Peel 520 2nd Generation Release Date Announced (Videos!)

Vartan5566 posted on Mar 29, 2011 at 06:04AM
After months of rumors Yosion have finally announced the expected release date of the 2nd generation of the Apple Peel 520, their popular iPod Touch transforming device. At the beginning of January they told us of their plans to release a second generation of the popular device, and have been slowly torturing fans with photos and short video clips. With some key features added, the Peel 520 is now better than ever.
The first generation Apple Peel 520 won us over the with the ability to transform your iTouch in to an iPhone, but one thing was missing, mobile internet. The engineers at Yosion have remedied this and a few other issues, and the the latest generation allows you to connect to the web via a 3G network. Best of all the new Peel can be used as a mobile hotspot, allowing you to connect up to 2 more devices to your 3G network. Other awesome added features include a vibration motor *sweeet* and Caller ID and FM Radio.
It looks we can expect a late March release of the 2nd generation Apple Peel 520 according to Yosion (ie: sometime next week, and supposedly March 28th. Thanks Michael!), but I have no idea how long it will take for these devices to make their way West (ie: Europe, and the US). The price doesn’t seem to be set in stone, but it seems like we’re looking at a RMB 598 price tag (~US$ 91) for the release. I’m hoping to be able to get my hands-on one of these awesome devices and test it out on my 3rd gen iPod Touch, so stay tuned.
I’ll keep my eye on places where you’ll be able to pick yours up, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter@GadgetsRepublic!
Also please don’t forget to enter our us and win contest, for a Chance to WIN A FREE OUKU TAB! - GadgetsRepublic
link
link

Apple 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DangerRoss said…
I read that the 2nd generation is coming out soon. You might keep track of some blogs that blog about Chinese developments, since it’s a Chinese invention.