Apple Top games for the mac (OSX)?

harold posted on Jul 30, 2007 at 11:55PM
I recently moved to OSX from a Windows Vista PC, and as an inveterate gamer, I'm jonesing for some stuff to play on this OS. Any recommendations that aren't web-based (I already know those from the link)?
last edited on Aug 01, 2007 at 07:08AM

Apple 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DrDevience said…
I can tell ya what not to buy: Knights & Merchants. what a waste of money that piece of crap was.

I also have Tropico 2, Pirate Cove but I haven't had the time to load it yet and see if runs the sames as my PC version did.
over a year ago harold said…
Thanks - I appreciate it.
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Pirate Cove rawks hard... just as good as it was on my PC. Better, actually.
over a year ago papa said…
Congrats Harold. As a longtime Apple guy (since the Apple IIe baby!), we welcome you to the cult of Macintosh.

That being said, Mac gaming stinks ;-)

Here are a couple of Mac-specific publishers (grant you these guys aren't Activision or EA):
Pangea: link
(cute kiddie platformers)

Ambrosia: link
(their classic series is "Escape Velocity", the newer "schmup" called "Sketch Fighter" is worth a go)

There are some other links I'd have to look for. But in the meantime you can also check out:
link
(website dedicated to mac gaming)

Oh, and if you have bootcamp...you can always go that route and keep on playing your PC games :-)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago johnminh said…
I got Knights of the Old Republic, and I have to say: STAY AWAY FROM IT!! It's slow and choppy and unbearable! I originally played it on a 17" G4 Powerbook. Then I got the Macbook Pro 17" and guess what? It's still slow and choppy!

However, there are the requisite Blizzard games like Diablo and World of Warcraft ...

EA Games is going to start releasing games for the mac though.

Honestly, I use my mac for productivity and play, like making fun images for fanpop picks or Keynote presentations for work.
last edited over a year ago