Anime Rant about something in anime that annoys you.

ImAnEasel posted on Oct 13, 2015 at 07:37PM
I know we all love anime here (or so I assume, since we're on this club), but there must be something that annoys you about anime, whoever you are. It doesn't have to be a trait shared by all anime, just something that seems to crop up in several. After all, everyone loves a good rant... not to mention a good debate. If you heartily disagree with something someone says on this forum, feel free to challenge their opinion with your own. Have fun!
last edited on Oct 13, 2015 at 07:49PM

Anime 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ImAnEasel said…
I'll start with... overly babyish female characters. The 'sweet' ones with the really high pitched voices, super big eyes (usually big boobs as well) and vomit-inducing goodie-goodie personalities. I know I'm going to be hated for this, but I think Menma (Anohana), Orihime (Bleach) and Tohru (Fruits Basket) all fall into this category and it's irritatingly unrealistic. No one's that nice. I find that sort of character quite boring in an anime.
last edited over a year ago
CRUSNIC03 commented…
You're right. over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
I disagree honestly. There's so many different types of people in real life. Albeit some things are exaggerated but generally every personality in anime can happen. Hell even the exaggerated ones. over a year ago
nihonphilia commented…
I agree with you completely. No one at that age can be that "innocent". over a year ago
ImAnEasel commented…
@ BlindBandit: Okay, maybe there are people like that - that doesn't make them interesting characters in my opinion, though. over a year ago
over a year ago candylover246 said…
cloudy
Hey ImAnEasel! You're back! :D
Anyway, the things that most annoy me most is that in a lot of shoujo, the female lead is always portrayed as weak, dependent, and always bend to the will of the 'perfect' male lead. And when they add a tsundere, it's much worse. I'm not saying all shoujo, just a handful I'd seen/read. Also when there is unecessary fanservice everywhere in an anime, especially when it's trying to be taken seriously in important situations, like in a battle or a big reveal. If it's just about the fanservice and not even trying to be taken seriously, then I don't mind that, but I simply don't watch that stuff. Oh, and also the perfect & boring (and sometimes 'emotionless') Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus that never seem to have any flaws, like ever. Although there might be some that are likeable.
That is all~ ♡
last edited over a year ago
ImAnEasel commented…
Oh my God, yes! All of that!! over a year ago
ImAnEasel commented…
Especially the fanservice - I hate it when a character only exists because she has big boobs, even though she adds next to nothing to the story or enjoyment of a series. Example: Hellabitch in Assassination Classroom (still love that anime though). xD over a year ago
candylover246 commented…
Right? xP I see what you mean there! Though I also like the anime too! over a year ago
candylover246 commented…
^^ Aw come on, now that I watch that anime, she doesn't seem so bad to me~ ^^" over a year ago
over a year ago Addika4045 said…
Having to wait for a new RAW episode to be subbed. I get so excited and then bam.......... gotta wait some more. //sad face//
ImAnEasel commented…
Aww, I hate it when that happens. over a year ago
over a year ago ImAnEasel said…
My next rant: humour. Bad humour. Don't get me wrong, I can't watch/read anything that takes itself too seriously - I need comic relief like L needs sweets - but most anime I come across these days are way to manic and goofy. It makes me cringe, it really does. All the characters shout at the top of their voices, overreact ridiculously to tiny things and bump into each other and accidentally grab someone's boobs. That is the extent of the humour of most anime these days. Heck, why am I saying 'these days'? I've come across plenty of old anime that face the same problem.
candylover246 commented…
Oh Lord, that stuff gets pretty old fast. The 'fanservice-y' kind are especially the most annoying ones. I'm literally like: "Seriously?" -_-' over a year ago
nihonphilia commented…
I know what you mean. I still don't think there's anyway to accidentally grope someone... over a year ago
over a year ago BlindBandit92 said…
This isn't about anime completely but more about the fanbases of most animes. People automatically judge,hate,etc a person if they remotely show they like popular anime. Everyone has different opinions and no one should hold their opinions over someone like that. I understand if someone hates an anime but it would be very appreciated if more people would be more respectful towards such matters. I am not saying that I am overly sensitive. I am the opposite of that. I just feel it's ignorant to bash others for their likes if they display their opinions for said likes respectfully.
over a year ago Animeweaboo69 said…
Anime is gay and is only for weeaboo fucks
over a year ago Dudespie said…
Probably over-sexualizing a character. I was never big on fan service, but sometimes it can get to be a little too much OwO
candylover246 commented…
Ugh, yes! I agree with you there! 👍 over a year ago
over a year ago nihonphilia said…
Okay, this is probably just shoujo anime, but there always seems to be that one male character that has a huge fanbase of girls, despite the fact that's he's no better-looking then the other guys.... And what's really annoying is that these fans are often portrayed as annoying or obsessed, or their genuine feelings are dismissed by the guy because he naturally favours the one girl who's not in love with him. I think this idea is rude to any fan.
Of course, I like the characters themselves anyway (Ikkyu, Jinguuji Ren, Kise Ryota, everyone in the night class...)--it's just their concept that's annoying.
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
^I was actually just about to have a say in that but you beat me into it...bravo. xD

Well, I don't know if it's just me having bad luck in anime or something but I always have this encounter where there are 'those' male characters that are just...let's say, almost perfect: Good looks,good grades, good amount of wealth...and a good set of fangirls that dig his "coolness" I mean, I don't really mind it's just that I wish there were more of the guys that you know...are just plain simple,cheerful and helpful that I honestly find admiring in a male (or even female) character, and I don't mean guys that are considered as "losers" or those lower that the popular ones (like Yoshii from Baka and Test) because I can pretty much understand why they have those qualities and I dunno...it just seems used for a handful of times in anime before that I just want a plain,even moderately rich but modest character that is basically a guy that you can call not (just?) a love interest but also a best friend or brother that you can just hang out with...aaaand I'm probably just whining am I? :P
nihonphilia commented…
I understand completely. This is why I have created such an archetype in my own works; I believe in it possible to be admirably average, and that the use of such a character can create a more realistic romance. (I'm a reverse harem writer.) over a year ago
over a year ago QueenOfTheDaze said…
When the show goes through a cycle of repeat and becomes predictable really takes the kick out of watching it
over a year ago nihonphilia said…
Another thing: I find it somewhat annoying when there is a full visual flashback to something someone said only a few minutes ago, as though we are not expected to remember even that far back. Or when there are several flashbacks of the same line within a few episodes.