Anime Find Your Anime Buddy!

Bananaaddict posted on Jan 04, 2013 at 08:29PM
Notice: Due to lack of participation, I am no longer going to monitor this forum on a regular basis. However, if you have an interest, post on my wall or IM me, and I can do a ...bzzt. SYSTEM REBOOT!

Have you ever wanted to enjoy an anime with another person, rather than watching it all by you lonesome, only to discover that you have no friends? Okay, so maybe you have some friends, but they're busy... Or maybe you're interested in making new ones? Whichever, you need look no further!

Welcome to Find Your Anime Buddy (Fanpop version, this is based off link on the site Anime-Planet), a hub where you can find others to share your anime experiences with by watching the same series simultaneously and having interesting, current discussions as you go! Here’s how it works:

1) Make a post in this forum stating what anime you intend to watch and would like others to watch with you - three anime at a time per person's the limit, though you can join as many requested by others as you'd like. This anime must have finished airing at the time of request. The request should include the name of the show, a deadline and/or cap on the number of persons that can join you in watching it, along with any other restrictions or details, and an approximate pace at which you wish to watch it. It should look something like this.

LeExampleUser said:
I'd like to watch Ouran High School Host Club, and I want to discuss it with some people as I go! I don't want a group bigger than three people including myself, and I'd like to get in touch with my buddies by January 8, 2013! I'll probably have time to watch about two episodes a day.

2) I will add your request to the list like so:

link (about two episodes a day)
Requested by LeExampleUser
Buddies:
Deadline: January 8, 2013
Open - two more spots available

3) Others who also want to watch this anime can post a request to be added as your buddy. When they do, the updated request will look like this:

link (about two episodes a day)
Requested by LeExampleUser
Buddies: AnotherUser
Deadline: January 8, 2013
Open - one more spot available

4) The person who originally made the request is responsible for contacting their newfound buddies once the deadline is up or the max amount of people have joined, via this forum, wall posts, or PM, and agreeing with them upon a set schedule, such as an episode every Saturday, two episodes a night, or an intense one-day marathon! You should also decide where and when you plan to discuss the anime (i.e. one person's wall, a temporary forum, a different site...) If you ask me to, I'll add the details of your decision to the list for future reference.

5) Watch the anime, share your opinions, and have discussions to your heart's content!

6) When you're finished, post in this forum letting me know it's okay to take your request down. Then, post another one! Rinse, repeat.

If you have any further questions, feel free post them below. Have fun!

Requests:

link (2-4 episodes a day)
Requested by Bananaaddict
Buddies:
Deadline: none
Open - two more spots available
last edited on Feb 26, 2013 at 02:35AM

Anime 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Cerudays said…
This sounds like a great idea! I'm always wanting people to try out new anime series with me. I've just finished Princess Jellyfish; I promise that you'll really like it. c:

If I come across any anime titles that catch my eye, I'll let you know!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago rikku_chan said…
This is a really interesting idea! Ill definitely check out this forum again when iv finished the ones im currently watching. :)
over a year ago wishey said…
big smile
I was planning on watching black lagoon so I'll watch it with you.
over a year ago Bananaaddict said…
smile
Thanks guys! I'm so glad people are already taking an interest. If enough people do this, it could be loads of fun!
over a year ago iconland98 said…
This sounds like it would be fun! I'll cheek if there's any anime's that I may watch :3
last edited over a year ago