Anime Your favourite anime series and character, and why?

AAA1 posted on May 21, 2007 at 03:10PM
Hi guys really curious to know this one, as it will most likely give some tips for new stuff.

Anime 41 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago lady__doom said…
inuyasha

fav character all!! but koga and miroku are my top 2

i love the drama the action its intresting although at time its kinda stuck in a loop like the story keeps repeating itself but it was the first anime i ever watched and im a fan forever!

death note

light and ryuk

this story line is pure genious! its brilliant. the graphics are beautiful the characters are intresting and it keeps you wondering whats gonna happen next
over a year ago Michie said…
Definitely agree with Death Note, although Ryuk and L are my favorites there.

My VERY favorite (right now, anyway) is Shoujo Kakumei Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena) and my fave character from it is Himemiya Anthy. Although I will admit that part of that is because she and her brother are the only dark-skinned anime characters I've seen so far, other than Cube and Glenda from Petite Princess Yucie. And Anthy and Akio, sick though they may be, are WAY cooler. ^_^ (Check out the freshly-created Utena spot!)
over a year ago XpsychotickissX said…
Death Note- L & Mikami

or

Loveless- Loveless
over a year ago Zerstoren said…
Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

He's so adorable when he gets angry. And i love ponytails

or Allen Walker from D.gray-Man
over a year ago coco1212 said…
(Original, its getting dubbed now) Ouran High School Host Club - Tamaki or Hikaru or Kyouya...definitly you should watch such a great series! oh and Black Cat (Dub) is a good anime (Fav Charecter is Train Heartnet, totally cool, totally a babe...so ya.
over a year ago kuromiko said…
prince of tennis.co'z they're cool.
over a year ago kuromiko said…
and my fave char is tezuka.so kakui!
over a year ago alynn said…
my fav anime is rurouni kenshin n my fav character is of course kenshin himura!! i started to watch this anime when i'm 10 n till now i still love it coz it's so cool!
over a year ago Shandy said…
Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favourite anime,probably cause it was the first anime series i ever watched. and Auska is my fav character.
over a year ago fridart said…
um..well my fav. anime.. is.. to many to mention..hehehe
over a year ago ktlady said…
Yeah... I have to agree with Zerstoren. Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop and Light from Death Note are utterly amazing as well.
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Death Note- The story is brilliant and pure genius, I love the story and I just LOVE L!

Jigoku Shoujo- Just look at my username . . .

Naruto- I just love Kakashi, love the story too.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago jarik said…
Death Note hellgirl223 says it all for me and Rukia from Bleach because she's tough but vulnerable.
over a year ago turkila said…
gin-san from Gintama ♥
over a year ago blondekid said…
My favorite series is Pokemon and my favorite anime character is Misty.
over a year ago kakarot said…
code geass. i really like lelouche, i also like dbz as well as death note. still favorite chachter is zero.
over a year ago poddo said…
Dragon Ball,Dragon Ball Z,Dragon Ball GT,Sonic X,
Fav chars:
Sonic,Amy from Sonic X (Fav couple too),
And my all time most fav char: Trunks from DBZ
I have lots of fave Anime,
But telling the Top 2
over a year ago poddo said…
Pokemon too,
Sorry,not Top 2 it's Top 3,
May,Misty,Dawn
over a year ago darlektoast said…
definatly death the kid from soul eater he is amazinly cool an l from death note cause hes so cute!
over a year ago cwecwe_chu1419 said…
don't know!!
to many lol!
over a year ago alya_y9 said…
yakitate!! japan of course!!! this anime is very funny!!! and, Shigeru^^ it's number one!!! he so cool, handsome, cute, and genius!!! XD
over a year ago ChickenMcPants said…
Urk... This may be a long post.

I love Allen, Kanda, Lavi, Komui, and Road from D.Gray-man.
From Death Note: L, Mikami, Near, and Mello
Fruits Basket: Akito, Ritsu, Momiji, Haru
Bleach: Hanataro, Uryu, and Ulquiorra
Code Geass: Lelouch (I named my iPod after him XD)
Vampire Knight: Zero
Imma stop now so that I don't keep this post going forever.
Most of the reasons I choose those animes Is because they have the most awesome story lines. And I choose most of the people because.... Well, they have good personalities and they so lovable, especially Road.
I luff Road. She's just so cuuuuute~!
over a year ago Lunatic said…
Favourite anime series:
Ouran High School Host Club (original)

Favourite character:
Momiji from Fruits Basket or Syaoran from Card Captor Sakura (especially in the third season ^^)
over a year ago Shwele said…
Favorite anime series:
Fate\stay night

Favorite character:
Servant Saber- Arturia Pendragon form anime Fate\stay night
I suki Saber because she is cute, has small frail body that everyone wants to protect, she have lovely green eyes, yet she is soooooo strong... She is headstrong... Hate to type more...

There are lots of them like some other characters from Fate\stay night, Ichigo from Bleach, Haruhi, Eikichi Onizuka,... ~/o/
over a year ago shortynme said…
I have quite a few favorites. . . dang this sucks! I'll try to name my top 3 fav. shows.
Ouran High School Host Club: Tamaki is my favorite. He's so freaking funny and although he acts like a total idiot he's serious about his thoughts.

Bleach: I love Ichigo and Renji. Those two crack me up! They're the tough guys in the show lol. Ichigo is just so awesome! And Renji has a certain something. . .

Naruto: shiz man. . . this is near impossible to pick one person. . . OK, Naruto himself, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Rock Lee, and probably Sakura. Those characters are all awesome for different reasons. The story couldn't continue if one died. . . . no spoilers for the Manga here if you're not reading it but PLEASE don't let THAT person die! lol
over a year ago thecoolkyle said…
big smile
naruto

choji

I love chojibecause even thought he was the weakest from the begenning to the end of chunimg exams he was always never giving up
plus he was awsome versing one of the four sound ninja
over a year ago Dearheart said…
Bleach has a soft spot in my heart. It was the first anime that warmed me up to the genre. Ghost in a Shell was good, too. Death Note was awesome ("L" is one of the awesomest anime characters ever), but a little too dark for my taste.

But I'd have to say that the best anime I ever saw was Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm a very critical person when it comes to movies, TV shows, etc. If I like something, I like it for a REASON. And FMA impressed me in so many ways. It'd take me WAY too long to say them all here.

For now, I'll just talk about one of my favorite anime characters, who (go figure) is also the main character in FMA: Edward Elric.

I LOVE Edward's character for countless reasons. Here are just a few.

1 - He has a decent, memorable, pronounceable and awesomely classy name. Very refreshing amidst all the jumbled-up, multi-syllable Japanese gibberish of other anime characters. :P

2 - Unlike other anime characters, he looks somewhat...normal. (Golden eyes and automail awesomeness aside.) His hair isn't a weird color or styled unnaturally; it's simple and looks really cool. (And kinda smexy.) XD His outfit is practical, bold and striking without looking stupid or over-the-top. Overall he has a very good look - one that doesn't stretch your imagination too much, yet still leaves a firm imprint on your memory.

3 - He isn't a super-macho testosterone junkie like so many other anime guys are. He's not a Gary Stu. Sure, he's an alchemist prodigy with mad fighting skills and all, but he isn't perfect or all-powerful or anything. It's not like the fate of the universe revolves around him. He's a realistic character with a good balance of virtues and flaws.

4 - He has good voice actors in the anime - both in Japanese AND English! Do you realize how rare that is?? :P (Not to mention the new anime that's coming in April.) :-D

5 - He is a really, REALLY awesome character (especially in the manga)! There's so much life and depth in him and so many wonderful sides to him, and you inevitably fall in love with each of them: his comical height issues, his utter love and devotion for his brother, his passion to set things right, his cheerful confidence and fiery determination, his gentleness and compassion when his friends are hurting, and those brief moments of his own vulnerability; his fears, griefs, regrets.

He is such a REAL character. You can't help but root for him, feel for him, laugh and cry along with him...and that's a rare and wonderful thing. In short, Edward ROCKS in nearly every conceivable way. :)

*dodges the objects being thrown at her for the mention of the word "short"...* :P

And so ends my ramble. Sorry if it put you to sleep. :P
over a year ago darlektoast said…
ive had to reply again cause i missed some out!

mustang from full metal alchemist cause he has cool hair and is just so cool.

ruji from toradora cause hes sooooo sweet!(yet a bit scary.)

lavi from d.gay man cause he is also amazingly cool and has the coolest wepon- a giant hammer, wow!

katsura and gin from gintama cause there sooo funny! also elizabeth cause i like giant ducks ^_^

i know its not an anime but egeworth from the phoenix wright ds games cause he HAS THE COOLEST HAIR EVER! and is just a genius.
over a year ago rusty746454 said…
naruto BIG time lol and my favorite characters on there would have ot be madara uchiha and 2nd sakura haruno

bleach 2nd and my favorite is gin
naruto BIG time lol and my favorite characters on there would have ot be madara uchiha and 2nd sakura
over a year ago haropuff95 said…
many!oh well..

>Ouran High School Host Club-hilarious & touching.Full with social themes & make us think about it.Have like able characters especially the hero & heroin.Nice & creative & entertaining plots.Enjoyable & suitable OSTs.Excellent seiyus.Got entertaining actions.
>Fullmetal Alchemist-the same as above
>Prince of Tennis-unique theme but the plot is well-ly done!the hero is cool & unique too!
>Gundam oo-awesome fights,good plots writing & storyline.The plot is well-ly written & passed to the audience that they can feel almost usually,the touching scenes.Very excellent OSTs.Awesome HD quality!
>Fate Stay Night-awesome characters & costumes[LOL] & somehow the story itself is epic,maybe because it contains history details?
>Death Note-purely awesome!the plot,storyline,characters,themes & everything.=]
>Frutis Basket-heart touching,at some times hilarious,beautiful OSTs,unique characters & self-problems.Well-written plot!
\
Top 3 Anime Guy

1.Kaito Kid-Detective Conan
>charming yet funny,intelligent yet silly,relaxed yet adorable!

2.Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist
>funny,tough,strong-willed,hot head,hot,good fighter,stubborn & brave,oh & SHORT![LOL]

3.Ryouma Echizen-Prince of Tennis
>cool,stubborn,pro-tennis,actually care for other but never show, energetic,hot yet didn't mind about girls,strong-willed & a good strategist
\
Top 3 Anime Girls

1.Saber-Fate/stay Night
>less-loved but tough,hardly ever cried,a strong & good fighter,brave,strong-willed,independent,ma­nne­red­[fu­nny­],p­ret­ty & loyal.

2.Haruhi Fujioka-Ouran
>tough,strong-willed,independent,under­sta­ndi­ng,­kin­d,d­oes­n't view people on status or look,cute,intelligent,hardworking & dense[LOL]

3.Feldt Grace-Gundam oo
>tough,brave,loving,hard working,caring,pretty,gentle towards other & determined.
over a year ago SilverFan said…
The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross. My favorite characters and Maguri and Maora. Why I like it? No clue, really...
over a year ago ElricLove----x said…
I completely agree with "Dearheart" in the earlier comments above^^

Favorite anime? Fullmetal Alchemist. I can rant on for hours why I love the show but lets just put it this way: I am very picky when it comes to anime. Sometimes anime can be awfully cheesy, but FMA is not cheesy at all. Sometimes I even forget it's an anime xD

Favorite character: OF COURSE...[not to be original] but Edward Elric from FMA.
Once again, I cant rant on for hours about him. x)
He is not like most anime guys...he is realistic about things and isn't looking to be the most "powerful". He just wants his brother and his body back. He, also, has alot more depth. His "issues" are more than half of what makes FMA so emotional, and just the fact that he has his flaws..and he realizes that. His love for his brother and friends really moves me. But what I love about him the most, unlike MOST anime guys--no, characters-- is that he really grows up and matures as the series goes on. He becomes more open minded about life, instead of being strictly atheist. He also learns the world doesn't revolve around him and his brother, and that even though it doesn't, he is going to do the best he can to make the world better and do his part. Also, that his dreams aren't all that matter..and sometimes he will have to sacrifice those dreams for the ones who really do matter. but after all he went through, there is one goal he DOESN'T give up. That goal is to prove equivalent exchange is real. Ed and Al lived by this rule their whole life, but after Ed was pretty much proved wrong, he still believed it exists...

Like I said, I can go on for HOURS. But, i probably shouldn't. xD
over a year ago raikagebee said…
my fav anime is Yu-Gi-Oh! and my fav character is dartz from yugioh because i like his outfit, his deck, his voice, his style, his hair basically everything about him XD
my fav anime is Yu-Gi-Oh! and my fav character is dartz from yugioh because i like his outfit, his de
over a year ago Sasori166 said…
angelic
My fave anime is Naruto because it's awesome an compelling. I'm hypnotized instantley.
My favorite characters are Sasori, Haku, and Deidara.
They are awesome! But they all died. :(
over a year ago icycoldpepsi said…
Hayate no Gotoku/Skakugan no Shana. Favorite characters from HnG are Hinagiku Katsura, Ayumu Nishizawa and Hayate Ayasaki. From SnS is Shana and Alastor.
over a year ago drakonjuke said…
i have many favorite chars..
the cute boys:
1)Zero "vampire Knight"
2) Tsukiyomi Ikuto "Shugo Chara"
3) Sesshomaru "inuyasha"
4) Usui Takumi "kaichou wa maid sama"
5) "L" "Death note"
6) Natsuru Seno "kampfer"
7) Kyo Soma "fruits basket"
8) Yuuki Soma "fruits basket"

Favorite girls:
1) Missa Missa "death note" like her becouse of her style :)
2) Thotu Honda "fruits basket" she's realy nice and she has a big heart :)
3)Yamada "B gata H kei" she is really pretty and shy for a girl whos dream is to F**k 100 different guys ;D
4)Kagura "fruits basket" love her when she attacks Kyo and really beats him up (literally) xD <3
5) Yuuki Cross "VK" she is kind and friendly to everyone, she even gives her blood to Zero ;)

Favorite anime's:
1)"inuyasha"
2)"Death note"
3)"fruits basket"
4)"Rosario + Vampire"
5)"Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne"
over a year ago xxXsk8trXxx said…
The best 4 animes I've ever watched:

Sailor Moon: Sailor Galaxia. I love how she's so powerfull, beautiful, and strong. She's a good anime role model.

Neon Genisis Evangelion: Rei Ayanami. She's beautiful and cool. I love her outfits, and she's a really good fighter! Evangelion Unit 00 is cool, too!

Galaxy Express 999: Maetel. I love Maetel because she's so cool. I love her look, and her mysteriousness. She's one of the most calm and reserved anime characters I've ever seen.

Ranma 1/2: Mousse. I love Mousse because he's handsome and funny. His hidden weapons are cool, and he's also funny in duck form!

pinkarray commented…
Shut the fuck up1!!! over a year ago
over a year ago heartfillia said…
big smile
fairytail

because it have given me many life lessons why that i should protectmy friends that i have friendsin my heart always and never to give up!!!!!!! it's given me courage for me to live on and i started watching it at 2006 :D i've always loved it even thought it has some bad stuff sometimes but it has epic battles some too funny joke adventure and sad scenes which a anime or manga must have i love it also even thought many anime or manga's like onepiece tried to get my heart it just wasn't tsrong enough so i knew that fairytail is something that i can trust

fave character: natsu dragneel

he's the most epic character i've ever seen in my life
over a year ago MissieMidget said…
heart
I have watched many anime in my time and I am most impressed with all of them like soul eater and one piece. Naruto is amazing along with cute classics like our an high school and fruits basket. Dragon ball z is a classic and my first anime I watched. Bleach was very good I was obsessed with inuyasha. Dn angel was awesome I have a fav couple for each too :-)
over a year ago Riku114 said…
I have two favorites.

Bleach:
Reason: It is a perfect blend of action and comedy. I also love swords more than I think is good for me! XD It has a nice plot, nice final speeches before deaths. It also has a nice plot with twist, but it eventually seemed to be stuck in a loop over and over, but I still love it. Sadly Im begining to fall out of it and more into K (mentioned below) due to the fact noting new is coming out.

Character: HIchigo (hot and awesome!) Toshiro (hot and awesome!)

K:
Reason: It has some comedy, some action, and some suspense of a perfect blend. The characters are legit and the animation is awesome. It is a new anime and I started when it only had 5 episodes and it currently is on number 9 or 10. Once again, it has swords and some interesting abilities like bleach.

Character: Yatagami Kuroh (hot, cool, awesome, funny, legit)
over a year ago johnnygondo said…
High School of the Dead

Fast-paced action, tons of blood, zombie smashing, strong writing, adrenaline-pumping soundtrack, appealing artstyle... what more could you ask for?

My favorite character is Kohta Hirano, who is based off of real life person Kouta Hirano (the author of the Hellsing manga). He's a fat and overweight nerd, but give him a firearm of any kind (or at least the materials to make an effective one), and he becomes a total badass.